Golf vacation

Discuss real golf.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Golf vacation

Post by bryce »

I've been away for a while, mostly because we have had good weather and I needed to practice before my trip to Myrtle Beach. We had 4 days of excellent weather, and I had a blast. I shot my best Myrtle Beach round with a 74 at The Wizard. I also got to play the only Gary Player course at Myrtle Beach (Blackmoor). We ran into a gator that was camped out beside the cart path, and a grave yard right beside a fairway. It must have had 6 or 7 90 degree doglegs to the right. The South Creek Course at Myrtle Beach National is now one of my favorite beach courses. It had perfect greens, fairways, sand ......everything was perfect except for the scorecard. I've played Aberdeen several times and had never been able to play the 3rd set of 9 holes (The Meadows), until this past Friday. It has to be the tightest course I have EVER played! I hit alot of irons on par 4's and 5's to stay out of trouble.

I really enjoyed my trip, but now I'm burnt out on real golf, so time to get back to my favorite golf sim!

Sunrise from our condo:
Goofers Trip 2011 025.JPG
(56.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Gator at Blackmoor:
Goofers Trip 2011 042.JPG
(95.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Our group of 36 golfers (we call ourselves "Goofers"):
Goofers Trip 2011 051.JPG
(73.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: Golf vacation

Post by Terry Grayson »

The Wizard? Aint that the one right off highway 544? If so that and the Witch are NICE UNS!!!! Glad you had a blast...Sounds like a lot of fun bud
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Terry, the Wizard is on 501, right down the road from 544. I've played Man O' War, but not the Witch. We had some guys from down your way the last couple of years. One guy last year was a Shelby cop......Cliff Ervin I think was his name.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

bryce wrote:Terry, the Wizard is on 501, right down the road from 544. I've played Man O' War, but not the Witch. We had some guys from down your way the last couple of years. One guy last year was a Shelby cop......Cliff Ervin I think was his name.
Yeah I know Cliff, not sure if he knows me...He works for Cleveland Co, and I work for Shelby.....Glad you had fun...WIshed i was headed to the beach, but alas, Its STAY HOME Terry month! LOL
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! Sounds like you had a great time at this annual get together golf outing. Glad to see no one turn up as gator bait. He looked pretty good sized. Are you going to attempt to make The South Creek Course or any others?
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Aw dang... I really wanted to go swimming in that water hole. But, you convinced me... I will stick with the pool.. lol. That is one big gator.

Sounds like a great trip and you made some memories.

Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

SteveHorn wrote:Doron! Sounds like you had a great time at this annual get together golf outing. Glad to see no one turn up as gator bait. He looked pretty good sized. Are you going to attempt to make The South Creek Course or any others?

I have the yardage books for all of those courses except South Creek. I would not attempt Blackmoor (Gary Player course). I hated the layout! There were at least 6 90 degree, or more, dogleg right holes. There was only one hole that was a dogleg left. If those $400,000 houses weren't in the way, I may have tried to cut off some of those doglegs! I wouldn't be against doing The Wizard though. I've got a course started now and still want to do Rock Barn, which is right down the road from me.
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

That sunset photo makes me wanna go! It's been years since I've gotten to go somewhere nice!
The second photo should explain to everyone why the Textures in my course Atchafalaya Basin are "brownish" and subdued!

Wage
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I agree about the textures Robert. You are a master with blending, as well as designing. It's funny how even at the beach with a constant warm climate and alot of rain that there are only about 4 months of the year when everything is green.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Well, I'm 4 weeks away from another vacation, but it's not going to be a golf trip. I am going to take my clubs with me though! I'm going to CT to see a friend and explore the New England area. I will only be staying about 15 miles from TPC River Highlands where Bubba Watson got his first win last year.

Any suggestions on a place to play that are reasonably priced? ($50 range)