Could Use Your Input

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Could Use Your Input

Post by Jim Hall »

Playing around with a high desert course. Testing out different options for planting. In the attached, I've planted bushes and trees on the left just to get a feel for what it might look like. I'm not totally satisfied with the trees and bushes as they appear more "sparkly" in the game (this is a shot from the architect which is always a little bit darker). The pano is one I've created as well as the desert texture which isn't really obvious in the pic. I would appreciate any suggestions that you might have regarding the plantings and library options as well (the trees and bushes are from the desert library).

Oh, and I do work - it is just that UTK has been on spring break :cheers:
High Desert Test.jpg
(370.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DC#1
Tour Contender

Re: Could Use Your Input

Post by DC#1 »

Hi Jim, you are a busy man. I would suggest checking out these libraries. Some have duplicate objects. Cabo del diablo is a good stock lib. I would look at Cactus Mirage, Scottsdale Textures, Rugged Cross, Dv dbl1, Passage, Kakudu, Tejas, CC Desert Palms, Hangmans. I have made a desert course and I believe these are the best libraries for a desert course. Let me know what you think. Happy designing.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

Thanks! I've settled on no trees, just grasses and bushes from Cabo, Coos Bay and Desert. they work well in trying to mimic the pic below.
south-distant-panorama 1.jpg
(292.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Jim
I think your planting is to heavy. If you remove some of the planting them add some brownish grasses it should look better.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

Steve - totally agree. In fact, last night I deleted all of the planting and will be starting over.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

I'm looking forward to seeing more screens of this one Jim. :up: