Forum Maintenance

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Forum Maintenance

Post by BrianZ111 »

Thanks. Yeah the reason I moved OT to the top was because at the bottom without it's own banner it kind of ran together with the JNSE section now and I didn't really have any ideas for what to do for giving it it's own banner. So layout wise it works best this way but content wise it does seem kind of odd to have OT at the top. I'm still undecided if it will stay that way, any ideas are welcome.
ETphonehome
Chronic Slicer

Post by ETphonehome »

The banners for each game look awesome Brian! I love it!

I may be in the minority but I like having the general topics at the top because scrolling down the page you're going from general items about the site or golf as a sport to specific items for each game. If more people like it at the bottom where it was I would suggest another banner (maybe a monochrome colored one labeled "General Topics" or something similar.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Thanks for the feedback. I will leave it as is, as I really like the look of the layout this way. Maybe I'll rename the section heading from off topic to something else, like general, so it feels more like it belongs at the top. The problem with using general though is then the first forum in the section is called General Discussion so it feels repetitive to me to name the section general. This is the perfectionist side of me wasting thought on something nobody probably even notices. :laugh:
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Not true Brian. I think your ESPY is in the bag.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

:laugh: Well I'll know who to thank. :D
ETphonehome
Chronic Slicer

Post by ETphonehome »

Brian - We have been doing some website proofreading for a project I'm involved with. One of our major discussions was not using the same word twice in the same general area on a web page. Therefore I totally appreciate and would be someone that would notice about using a "General" label with the first forum of "General Discussion". I can't leave you feeling alone in that regard. :)
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Forum software had been updated from 3.3.2 to 3.3.5. If you run into any issues, let me know.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Forum software had been updated from 3.3.5 to 3.3.7. If you run into any issues, let me know.