Windows XP fix for 64bit systems?

Help with questions or problems.
Viper
Tour Contender

Re: Windows XP fix for 64bit systems?

Post by Viper »

Thanks David!

I was aware of this. I'm certain it wasn't my issue. Just for testing I ran another 50-100 more courses through PGA and none crashed. I think the course manager is a little funky. Things that I haven't tested is if you changed compatibility modes or run the manager as admin would it batch load without a hiccup? I'm not sure and there is a lot of testing involved there to get an answer. What I did appears to have worked. No courses have crashed and the architect opening now with 747 libraries installed may be another indicator things are well and truly in order.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Viper! I got in a habit of deleting courses and libraries after I was done with it in the season. I usually only installed 4 to 6 courses ahead in a tour schedule. Many of the architect problems started around windows 8 and 10 and when you get to crazy in points without optimizing and minor smoothing.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

SteveHorn wrote:Viper! I got in a habit of deleting courses and libraries after I was done with it in the season. I usually only installed 4 to 6 courses ahead in a tour schedule. Many of the architect problems started around windows 8 and 10 and when you get to crazy in points without optimizing and minor smoothing.
I've been thinking of doing that myself but I'm not sure how I will make sense of which course needs which libraries? I have all my libraries together with the original downloaded zip file names. Not sure it will be too easy to work out which course needs which zips. Any tips appreciated!

Edit: Library zips appear to be appropriately named. I saved each course listing page A-Z. I'll just use this as a reference for which libraries are needed unless someone gives me a better option but this should work fine.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I've added the spreadsheet that the website is based on to the utilities page. It is now the first item under PGA 2000 Listings and named PGA 2000 Courses and Utilities Spreadsheet. You can use the first tab in the spreadsheet as one big list instead of having all those different pages saved. The rest of it probably isn't useful to you. Dar maintained the listings on the first tab and then I created the others to generate the appropriate HTML for the pages that needed updating. I basically used Excel like a database because I was more familiar with working with Excel then real database software at the time I created this site 10 years ago. Someday, now that I'm more familiar with database software, I'd like to convert it into an actual database as it would make the website easier to update in the future.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Brilliant! Thanks! :up: