Win 10 solution for PGA 2000!

Help with questions or problems.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Win 10 solution for PGA 2000!

Post by SteveHorn »

Ken
As Jim said you must open the PGA2000 in administrator mode. You can do this by simply right clicking on the icon and choosing "Run as administrator".
All PGA2000 short cut windows should be opened this way. Sorry I didn't mention this sooner. Another thing is if you have a high end monitor you must change the resolution to a lower number. I have to change mine every time I play a round of PGA2000. I change mine to 1920x1080 otherwise the game won't run. My normal monitor resolution is 3440x1440. You can change the resolution simply by right clicking on your start up screen and opening display settings then choosing the resolution that you like best so long as it isn't above 1920.
ken
Novice

Post by ken »

Thanks Steve,

Changed resolution to 1920x1080 and restarted and ran the icon as administrator as you suggested (which I hadn't done before) - still no go.

The new DXWrap.dll (180KB) when rught-clicked for Properties still says:

"This file came fron another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"

It has a box called "Unblock". When I tick this box and then press the "Apply" button I get a box saying:

"You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes.
Click Continue to to complete this operation." with a button below saying "Continue" that has the Admin logo.
When I click this button a box appears saying:

"An error occurred while applying attributes to the file:
C:\SIERRA\PGA2000\Bin\DXWrap.dll
An assertion failure has occurred."

Which is exactly of no use to me whatsoever as I must need to be more assertive! Thanks Microsoft programmers! So it's still blocked!

As I said your file has a later date than mine. Must have different coding?

Anyway maybe somebody somewhere has a solution.

Thanks for your kind support Steve.

Cheers Ken.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

Ken,

Just curious if you tried my suggestions in the last post on page 7? Have to admit, the issues you are having are rather strange and nothing I've had to deal with, particularly as we appear to be running systems with somewhat similar specs.

Jim
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Ken
I had a similar problem a few months back. The solution seemed to be "Core Isolation". Google how to turn this off and what this function does. Also could be "Microsoft Defender" and or "Microsoft Security Memory Integrity". Also google for information on those programs. I'll bet if you turn these off even if its only for a few days or weeks PGA2000 will work.