Win 10 solution for PGA 2000!

Help with questions or problems.
Fore!play
Novice

Re: Win 10 solution for PGA 2000!

Post by Fore!play »

Viper wrote: June 12th, 2021, 8:57 pm
Excellent! Great to read you have it going. DXWrap.dll should work perfectly fine as well if you ever need another option.
Thanks for posting the system specs. Helps for any future troubleshooting for others.
That's the thing, it didn't work for me with the DXWrap.dll fix for some reason. When I put the "fixed" DXWrap.dll in the Bin folder (overwriting the original DXWrap.dll file), then tried to run the game, it wouldn't start. For any others who have the same problem with the DXWrap.dll fix not working, they should definitely try the DDraw.dll option!
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Fore!play wrote: June 12th, 2021, 9:14 pm That's the thing, it didn't work for me with the DXWrap.dll fix for some reason. When I put the "fixed" DXWrap.dll in the Bin folder (overwriting the original DXWrap.dll file), then tried to run the game, it wouldn't start. For any others who have the same problem with the DXWrap.dll fix not working, they should definitely try the DDraw.dll option!
Did you try DXWrap.dll without dgvoodoo installed?
Fore!play
Novice

Post by Fore!play »

Viper wrote: June 12th, 2021, 9:37 pm Did you try DXWrap.dll without dgvoodoo installed?
I did try DXWrap.dll without dgVoodoo installed; I tried dgVoodoo only after I couldn't get the DXWrap.dll fix to work. Just to be clear, after installing PGA 2000 (and installing nothing else), then simply pasting the new DXWrap.dll into the Bin folder, the game wouldn't start. It was after this that I started going down the dgVoodoo path.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Fore!play wrote: June 12th, 2021, 9:49 pm I did try DXWrap.dll without dgVoodoo installed; I tried dgVoodoo only after I couldn't get the DXWrap.dll fix to work. Just to be clear, after installing PGA 2000 (and installing nothing else), then simply pasting the new DXWrap.dll into the Bin folder, the game wouldn't start. It was after this that I started going down the dgVoodoo path.
Ok, awesome, thanks for that info.
This is where accurate information from people certainly helps. Stick with DDraw then obviously in your case.

The DXWrap.dll modification changes the emulation method of the game allowing it to display correctly after Windows 10 killed it. However, looking at your specs, it may be possible this may not work correctly with integrated graphics. DDraw should overcome this issue as it did in your case and for anyone else who finds DXWrap does not work.

If DXWrap does not work and you are running integrated graphics, please post and make mention here.
Gustafson
Range Rookie

Post by Gustafson »

Viper wrote: June 12th, 2021, 10:03 pm Ok, awesome, thanks for that info.
This is where accurate information from people certainly helps. Stick with DDraw then obviously in your case.

The DXWrap.dll modification changes the emulation method of the game allowing it to display correctly after Windows 10 killed it. However, looking at your specs, it may be possible this may not work correctly with integrated graphics. DDraw should overcome this issue as it did in your case and for anyone else who finds DXWrap does not work.

If DXWrap does not work and you are running integrated graphics, please post and make mention here.
Found this place over the 4th of July weekend and have been playing PGA2000 again for the first time in almost 20 years! A huge thanks to Viper and others who have figured out how to play this game under Win 10.

I too have an on board graphics card and DXWrap would keep the game from launching. The DDraw.dll put into the bin folder fixed "psychedelic" golfer and the game runs as it always did back in the day.

I can't believe you guys have all the courses that used to be on Copyright Club back in the day. I'd given up hope of ever playing my favs, but now they're all here. I remember being on dial up back then and downloading a new course was an overnight thing. Now I just click and the download takes a few seconds, LOL.

I'd forgotten how friggin' hard this game is (sometimes it's too real, lol). But with practice and hitting bucket after virtual bucket of range balls I'm getting back in the groove slowly.

Thanks again, you guys rock!
Fore!play
Novice

Post by Fore!play »

Gustafson wrote: July 12th, 2021, 8:14 pm
Found this place over the 4th of July weekend and have been playing PGA2000 again for the first time in almost 20 years! A huge thanks to Viper and others who have figured out how to play this game under Win 10.

I too have an on board graphics card and DXWrap would keep the game from launching. The DDraw.dll put into the bin folder fixed "psychedelic" golfer and the game runs as it always did back in the day.

I can't believe you guys have all the courses that used to be on Copyright Club back in the day. I'd given up hope of ever playing my favs, but now they're all here. I remember being on dial up back then and downloading a new course was an overnight thing. Now I just click and the download takes a few seconds, LOL.

I'd forgotten how friggin' hard this game is (sometimes it's too real, lol). But with practice and hitting bucket after virtual bucket of range balls I'm getting back in the groove slowly.

Thanks again, you guys rock!
Glad Viper's expertise was able to help you out as well, Gustafson! Thanks for sharing your experience...so that makes it 2-for-2 as far as DDraw.dll being the solution for us integrated graphics guys.

Hit 'em straight!
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Good to read it's all working for everyone. The old games totally rock! :up: :bg:
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

It worked for me!! I thought I was gonna have to abandon this game Ive been playing since the beginning...couldnt hardly take that psychedelic character anymore. Did a google search about it and ended up here. Woohoo!! Nice to see the game is still going somewhat. Ive got a few courses designed from years ago I'll have to post.Thanks for solving the problem at last.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Glad it worked for you. Looking forward to adding your courses to the site.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I got this working fine on my win 10, I am migrating to my newest computer which is win 11. Is it working for anyone on win 11 system before I go through the effort?