PGA 2021

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Re: PGA 2021

Post by Polslad »

I still visit to see if anything is happening.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I still look in from time to time.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Need to get Brian and Steve poking their heads in now.
Yooohoo! Wakey wakey! Where are you guys??? :laugh:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I'm here. Will try new fix soon.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Ooooo.
Tingles.
Have to dig deep and find the original game CD's.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

SteveHorn wrote:I'm here. Will try new fix soon.
Howdy Steve! Great to see you back! :up:
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Viper wrote:Need to get Brian and Steve poking their heads in now.
Yooohoo! Wakey wakey! Where are you guys??? :laugh:
I can't believe I haven't checked my own forum since December 19th. It just got so dead here that I got out of the habit of checking it, plus I've been working a lot lately. We are building yet another new course out at Sand Valley and I'm doing GPS surveying this time around so I'm out there just about every other day and in between I'm trying to figure out how to get the maps to work best with the equipment. Not really an excuse for not even checking in here in 3 weeks though! You should have sent me a PM when you posted this above quote. Luckily somebody posted about this in the Perfect Golf forum to a thread I was subscribed to and I got an e-mail message about it today. Anyway great news here, thanks for staying on this Windows 10 issue Viper! :up:
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

BrianZ111 wrote: You should have sent me a PM...Luckily somebody posted about this in the Perfect Golf forum...
That was your PM! :laugh:

I read over there that you said you were subscribed and got messages so thought it time to give you a hurry up! Shultzy is me. I was hurrying you up but I don't get along very well with the Jones's so any Viper account would quickly get err...removed. Shultzy will probably go now but who cares! Hopefully one or two of the decent folk from there find there way here and to PGA 2000.
Welcome back! :up:

Regarding the fix, quick explanation with lots of commas, I suspected the issue with the game all along, people out there work on this stuff, I kept a watch, found a partial dll fix but it killed the PGA 2000 menu text, got hold of the dll creator, he suspected issue was likely same as with a Star Wars game, this required a hex edit to DXWrap.dll, I did that, BOOM, fully fixed and functioning PGA 2000!
It certainly was a Win 10 update that took it out.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Viper wrote: That was your PM! :laugh:

I read over there that you said you were subscribed and got messages so thought it time to give you a hurry up! Shultzy is me. I was hurrying you up but I don't get along very well with the Jones's so any Viper account would quickly get err...removed. Shultzy will probably go now but who cares! Hopefully one or two of the decent folk from there find there way here and to PGA 2000.
Welcome back! :up:
Ahh well that explains that then. :laugh: If you just PM me here I get those message in e-mail too. I never subscribed to anything in my own forum before because I was always just staying on top of things. Hopefully I don't need to subscribe now if things stay active enough here. :bg: I'm glad you posted over there anyway as it will let some more people over there know about the fix.
Viper wrote: Regarding the fix, quick explanation with lots of commas, I suspected the issue with the game all along, people out there work on this stuff, I kept a watch, found a partial dll fix but it killed the PGA 2000 menu text, got hold of the dll creator, he suspected issue was likely same as with a Star Wars game, this required a hex edit to DXWrap.dll, I did that, BOOM, fully fixed and functioning PGA 2000!
It certainly was a Win 10 update that took it out.
That's usually how things get fixed, just takes some persistence and finding the right person that knows something that can help, so thanks for that! Not using Windows 10 myself it was hard for me to do anything about it without being able to test for it, plus I was busy anyways. My Windows 8 laptop actually had a hard drive failure a couple weeks ago. Everything is backed up so no big deal and it's probably fixable but I don't have time right now so I'm happily working on Windows 7 on my desktop for everything again. :) I do have a small Win 10 partition on the desktop but it's just sat there since I did the free upgrade 5 years ago. I did it just so I could reserve the free upgrade in case I need it but hopefully not anytime soon.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

You can still get Win 10 free by just using an old Win 7 or Win 8 key. It'll work to activate Win 10.
Win 10 itself you can get from the Microsoft website so you can do a fresh install instead of an upgrade.