PGA 2021

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

PGA 2021

Post by Polslad »

Hello,
Anyone still here?

Has anyone tried PGA 2021?
I don't half miss having a tour/career mode.

Polslad
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: PGA 2021

Post by SteveHorn »

David !

I want to try it out but I try not to buy a brand new game. To many times they need multiple fixes buy the developer before there game is a good game. Also the price! Got to watch how much I spend on games.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Hi Steve,
I've read reviews, some good, some bad, some mention a few glitches.
Quite expensive also, with a limited career mode and no majors!

Can someone please patch PGA with windows 10 so w can all go back to the best golf game ever!
I'm currently knocking it around in Perfect Golf, yes graphics and courses are excellent, but there's no competition, just 18 holes.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

The group of guys I play with online on Friday nights have all got it. I'm holding off for now. I guess it's a pretty big improvement over the last version (The Golf Club 2019, it is the new name for "The Golf Club" series). They added the ability to calibrate the swing to your tempo which is a really big thing that's missing from both Perfect Golf and previous versions of TGC so the full swing is probably pretty good. It sounds like the putting and chipping is still timing based (you move the mouse back and then wait for the player to get his back swing to the point you want the power to be before you move forward) rather than how fast you move the mouse. That is how it was in TGC2019 and it's a non-starter for me, too much like 3 click. I'll have to get it at some point since my group of friends are playing it. Hoping it's part of the Steam Halloween sale as it's pretty expensive. I don't really have time to try it out until then anyway as I've been doing a bunch of work for Sand Valley lately.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

SteveHorn wrote:To many times they need multiple fixes buy the developer before there game is a good game.
And then they release a new version before the last version is finished.
Only all the old titles for me. Any of the old titles, they are all better than the modern stuff imo. :up:
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Polslad wrote:Hi Steve,
I've read reviews, some good, some bad, some mention a few glitches.
Quite expensive also, with a limited career mode and no majors!

Can someone please patch PGA with windows 10 so w can all go back to the best golf game ever!
I'm currently knocking it around in Perfect Golf, yes graphics and courses are excellent, but there's no competition, just 18 holes.
Dump that modern PC golf garbage and come back to a real golf game! :bg: :up:
Click the link!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1188
Westerner
Weekend Duffer

Post by Westerner »

Viper wrote:Dump that modern PC golf garbage and come back to a real golf game! :bg: :up:
Click the link!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1188
my Golf games: I don't play anything after TW/PGA Tour 08.
PGA 2000
GBC
PGAT 2004, 2007, 2008
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Westerner wrote:
Viper wrote:Dump that modern PC golf garbage and come back to a real golf game! :bg: :up:
Click the link!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1188
my Golf games: I don't play anything after TW/PGA Tour 08.
PGA 2000
GBC
PGAT 2004, 2007, 2008
TW08 it ends for me as well. I'll be playing the old stuff forever.
My golf play list is as below. This is what I will use till the day I am no longer here.
Imo, it's a great place to be and golf gaming has never had so much choice.
The new games totally suck.

PGA 2000, entire Links series, Tiger Woods series 2001-2008 (missing 2005), GBC, Nintendo Gameboy. (Golf and Jack Nicklaus golf)
Don't laugh at the Gameboy. It's the original 1989 handheld still working today and great fun for a little golf!

Long live PC golf and Gameboy golf! :laugh:
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Pols, you need to get back here and start designing again. Fix for win 10 has been found.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

DC#1 wrote:Pols, you need to get back here and start designing again. Fix for win 10 has been found.
Yes!
Everyone has just about gone as the game was literally dead for everyone once it stopped working on Win 10.
Sooner or later people will check back in and find PGA 2000 is back!