Architect crush

Help with questions or problems.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Architect crush

Post by BrianZ111 »

Yeah, my e-mail address hasn't changed. If it's too big to attach to an e-mail you can just upload it to the website and I can grab it from there and delete it off the server: Upload Page. Things uploaded don't go public unless I make them public. You don't have to fill the form out as I know what to expect in there.

If memory serves me right the "sticky library" problem was that the architect expected any library you've used in the past on the course to still be available however the cloaking tool has the ability to remove sticky libraries to fix that. So yes, removing all objects and changing all textures, then loading it in the cloaking tool and fixing the sticky libraries should fix it if this is the problem. Then you'd have to redo all that work though so let's try to avoid that first if we can.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Thanks for the help Brian - arch file sent. Not sure I could face the planting again - prob more hours went in to getting that right than designing the holes! Let me know if you have any luck identifying the lib's. cheers!
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Brian came through - got it working again!

DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Glad to hear that Duncan. Can't wait to see this one.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Great looking course!
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

Course looks awesome!!! Just curious, how many objects have you planted? Always wondered if there was an upper limit beyond which the architect or game would crash.
LinksLegend wrote:Brian came through - got it working again!

SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

WOW looks great as always.
Man I feel kind of bad that due to numerous architect difficulties including replanting whole course I was unable to finish this for you.
Hope your able to complete and upload.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Steve - good to hear from you mate! Don’t worry at all - I was just chuffed someone might be able to get it over the line as due to computer change / job / kids / life(!) I had ground to a halt. If nothing else the last month or two have afforded the time to get the game working and architect fired up again, so I intend to try and get it finished properly now (8 years later!) :bg:

Jim - not sure on the objects: says I’m at 1156 but probably only halfway through planting.
Am also at 575k points and I think that can get a bit dicey but have all textures down so that number shouldn’t change too much...

DC - Fingers crossed!

Viper - thanks!

I managed to add a practice facility last night too so might post a pic of that one I’ve got I planted.

Cheers
D
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Jim - Sorry correction on the course objects - currently at 145,087. That makes more sense than just over a thousand! No idea what the limit is...