Converting PGA Championship Courses to Tiger Woods 2008

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Converting PGA Championship Courses to Tiger Woods 2008

Post by shot meister »

I have not been active on this site because (after quite a bit of trial and error), I have been converting courses to Tiger Woods 2008. So far, I have managed to convert the following courses I've made: (Ones with an asterick beside them have been published on the Tiger Woods 2008 site and are available for download)
*Knob Hill Shores Golf Club (latest version)
*Gull Wing Golf Links
*The Samuel Mayfair Course (I have a PGA Championship version that I need to upload to this site)
Cranberry Estates Golf Club
Dark Rock Country Club

The following courses I have converted that are available for download on this site or included with the original game (Ones with an asterick denote that they have published on the TW08 site)
*Mecklenburg Greens
Jocassee Shoals
The architect files are available for download on this site under utilities. I have others still in the works.

If you are interested in converting your course or courses to Tiger Woods 2008, I am more than willing to help and am thinking about writing a tutorial on the process I use. If you want me to convert a course for you...just send me a message and we can work out the details..I will not charge for my work (I am retired and do this just to keep my brain active and creative juices going!). One thing to note is that there are a limited number of trees, bushes and flowers available for Tiger Woods 2008. That is the only draw back that I find in the whole conversion process. Oh, also, there aren't as many sound libraries. If you have sounds you want to put in your course, you may have to create your own library. For example, I created a library of Cape Cod sounds for Knob Hill Shores Golf Club.

In conclusion, PGA Championship Golf is an outstanding game for its era, but Tiger Woods 2008 is the flag bearer now. I have searched through their exhaustive collection of courses and am kind of disappointed that there hasn't been a conversion of such classic courses as NGLA, Coos Bay, and the list could go on for quite awhile!

So, if you are interested in having me convert a course for you or just want help doing so yourself, let me know. The course architect program has basically remained the same over the years...a few changes, but nothing earth shattering!

Bruce Ryder aka shot meister :)