Any Old Copyright Club Members Here?

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Any Old Copyright Club Members Here?

Post by shot meister »

I was quite active in the old Copyright Club. I used to do reviews that were called "The Ryder Cut". After taking a long hiatus, I am back to playing this classic game and finishing off a course I found burnt to some very old CD's and DVD's. I was so happy to find my favorite design and fun course to play still available...Micro Putt Golf and Driving Range. I used to practically ace very hole...especially the miniature golf ones in the beginning. If any thing, the course is a great way to practice your chipping. Well, I'll be visiting this site a lot now. I have quite a bit of catching up to do! Any old Copyright members...give me a shout! :wavey:
J.J.
Chronic Slicer

Re: Any Old Copyright Club Members Here?

Post by J.J. »

One here. I bought PGA2000 just after it was released and quickly found the old Sierra Tee-Time forum to try to get to know the ins and outs of the game and the architect. Moved onto the Copyright Club shortly after that and posted occasionally on the forum, played on-line a few times and generally hoovered up all the great info the site provided. I created two courses in those early days, Hallam Valley and Mayfield Manor, both of which got good reviews from the team (Fabita?) and on the forum. I've still got the game on my computer but rarely play it and I haven't opened the architect in many many years! I drop in here most days just to see if anythings happening although it's mostly very quiet nowadays.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I still check in most everyday to see if there's any new post. I haven't played in about 2 years. Was always a truswing player and was having problems breaking par. Old computer and mouse were much better, then as the game aged problems started happening with new mouse's and game play in other ways. Anyhow will probably play again sometime and switch to tri click and see if I have better luck. Made numerous courses over the years. Good to see a recent post that I felt I could reply to.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Good to see some new posts here. My favorite memory of the Copyright Club was the hole by hole design contest with really knowledgeable posts about golf course architecture by people like DanO, R.S. Barker, LinksLegend, etc and getting that instant feedback on your hole designs without having to do an entire course.

I have tried to get back into PGA 2000 a little but I have the Windows 8 issue where installing courses and libraries can cause all your installed courses to disappear so that makes it a little frustrating. It's installed on my Windows 7 desktop as well but it's not very convenient to play from there anymore either because I don't boot it up very often and it takes forever to boot (no SSD).
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Old copyright member also. I remember the tournaments and the design collaborations. I designed Grand National and upload just over a year ago. Shot meister, post some pics of the course you are working on,would be nice to see. I am working on a real course,not sure of release date. Nice to hear from old members.
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Post by shot meister »

Bog Shack with Tractor.jpg
(396.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The new course is an improved version of one of my first gold courses: Knob Hill Shores. Attached is a picture of one of the objects I created for it, a bog shack. The first 10 holes are done, but I haven't done much with it it lately. I had this wild idea to try and convert it to TW 08...it is not going too well because that is a horse of a different color!
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Post by shot meister »

Another course picture. This is of the halfway house (behind the weeping willow) and a cell phone tower disguised as a U.S. flag. I also have wind turbine farm on the course too!
Attachments
Halfway house with flag cell phone tower.jpg
(441.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

I was a long timer on PGA

I remember the Ryder Cut, but not the user name? We did some reviews for a while (me southernrepub)

Those old Copyrightclub days were some of the most fun I have had in online golf

Miss that entire crowd
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Its just hit me after I posted

Ryder Cut? Bruce Ryder? wow it has been a long time
J.J.
Chronic Slicer

Post by J.J. »

In the Utilities section (link at top of this page) there is a download available called Copyright Club Course Reviews. In amongst the large list of reviews there is one called Ryder Cut which reviews Serendipity Estates by Steve Day and Eagles Cry by Robert@

Browsing through some of those reviews again certainly brings back some great memories :)