Loading extra zip file courses and libraries.

Help with questions or problems.
MeechMaster
Range Rookie

Loading extra zip file courses and libraries.

Post by MeechMaster »

Hi, everyone. I am so very glad this game still lives! I still have Front Page Sports Golf! I have installed PGA 2K and it works fine. I ran across a couple of hundred courses on about 2 dozen or so cd's that I found when we moved. I have no idea how to install them! They are in zip files so I guess (?) I have to unzip all the files to another file location. Thank you all in advance for your help.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Loading extra zip file courses and libraries.

Post by BrianZ111 »

Yes you have to unzip them then:

1. Open up the course manager.
2. Click install.
3. Navigate to the folder where you unzipped them on the upper left.
4. Select the files below on the lower left. You can select multiple files at once by clicking and dragging through the list.
4. Navigate to a folder where you want it to install them on the right.
5. Click install.

If you don't have the libraries for the courses you'll need to download those as well. If possible install all the libraries you have first because then when installing courses you'll only get warning messages for libraries you don't have. If you install libraries and courses at the same time you may get the missing library warning but actually have the library, it just hasn't got to it in the install list yet.

I still have FPS: Golf and all of the add-on course CD's as well. I don't know if it'd run on the versions of Windows of today but it would be fun to install them sometime and play it again.
MeechMaster
Range Rookie

Post by MeechMaster »

Thanks for your help. I've had these discs for over 10 years. I first unzipped the files to a new file folder. I then went through the course manager to install them. After I went through all 17 MB of courses and libraries, I found out it didn't take. I again installed them and this time it worked! I must have two hundred courses that players designed. I hope my life expectancy is long enough to enable me to play them all...lol
Thanks again for your help in all of this.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

No problem, happy to help.