Serious Serious Problem!

Help with questions or problems.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Serious Serious Problem!

Post by BrianZ111 »

Seems like something in Windows (probably registry entries) still thinks it's installed. Unwise.exe would be an uninstaller that it's looking for. I checked my installation though and I don't have unwise.exe either. I have the Titanium Edition though and I'm guessing you have the Collector's Edition based on the CE in PGAGCE in the folder path so maybe this was a difference between the versions. Look to see if there is an unwise.exe anywhere on your install CD. If so try running it. This uninstaller it came with will probably clear out the registry entries for you. Then try installing again. If that doesn't work try placing unwise.exe (if you found it on the CD) at C:\SIERRA\PGAGCE\ (recreate the folders if needed) and try to do the install again. Let us know how it goes.
msmvet
Chronic Slicer

Post by msmvet »

I´m not a computer geek, but I like to learn, and do things by myself. What I found on my trips to the depths of windows, as Braian said, usually the problem are the registry entries.
If you don´t clean the registry, windows still thinks the program is installed (Don´t know why). The unistall.exe usually do this cleaning among other things.
If you downloaded Ccleaner, you can easily and safely do it, as I explain above. If you want I could post a tutorial with pics to guide you.
I really don´t know how to do it manually and probably wouldn´t do it because is system stability sensitive.
If you don´t want to do this, you have to restore the system to a previous point where everything was functional.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I cant crack it.
Still no PGA.
I've had a look at some of the other games out there (Links wont run) don't like World Golf Tour (just photo's of courses really) Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf has mixed reviews, and not prepared to pay loads out to subscribe to The Golf Club.
Might even have to buy a new PC and install on there.
Bought a bottom of the range Packard Bell a few months ago.
Just awful.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Did you get any message running Unwise.exe or did you just not find it on the disc? It's hard to help without details on what happened in your latest attempts.

You could try installing the downloadable version from this site. Not sure if that would make a difference or not.

Otherwise the only other thing I can think of, and It's a drastic step, is reinstalling windows. That would reset the registry to it's original state. If you haven't already, make sure you back up all of your documents, pictures, and other important files to something external. You'll also have to reinstall any programs you've installed on it.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I bought a new PC, but I haven't got around to installing PGA yet, been looking at JNPG.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Hope it works on the new PC. JNPG is nice graphically but I found the tempo component of the mouse swing to be too sensitive and trying to lock me into a swing speed that didn't feel natural.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Not loving The Perfect Golf, there's just no atmosphere, and I'm missing my season modes.
Will give it a bit longer.