Season Play Results

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Re: Season Play Results

Post by A Brandt »

Thanks Indy, that makes sense :)
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Finally, after 7 seasons of PGA2K and 3 of JN Signature golf, I've finally won a majors! Yes, the coveted green jacket is mine (as soon as they ship it, so far they've been ignoring my e-mails but I know they're probably pretty busy right now.)
Yesterday A/D/G I just shot the lights out. I'm not sure I've had as good a game ever. -9 under those conditions makes me pretty happy (the Thursday -10 was with breezy and dry.) I also went into the final round with a 4 shot lead and just played it safe, still shooting -4 (-26) and winning by 7 strokes over Retief Goosen and Charley Hoffman. I played with the trailing player so the KoD wouldn't affect things. So now I'm also back on top of the money list by $500K over Paul Casey who only managed a T49.

I also played a "mini-event" using TPC @ Egg Hollow for the 39 players who didn't make the big event; $2M purse, no cuts. Pretty sweet for those guys really. Ben Crane (best previous finish T22) won the event and a $671K purse.

The rest of the top 10:
T4. Matt Kuchar, John Senden, Dean Wilson -18
T7. Stewart Cink, Brendon de Jonge -17
T9. Jim Furyk, Jonathon Byrd -16.

Phil finished T11 (-15); Woods T13(-14), Cabrera T16 (-13), McIlroy T49 (-9), Choi T57 (-7)

Next stop: The Valero Texas Open at Desierto de Tejas, one of my favorite desert style courses.
Last edited by Indy Anna Jones on April 10th, 2011, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Judy ! CONGRATULATIONS on your 1st Masters victory. I'm still hopeing I can win a Green Jacket in this game someday. I played Desierto de Tejas for the first time this season as the 1st time host of The Waste mgmt Phoenix Open. It is a GREAT course. I really like the TPC Scottsdale alot but I've played it numerous times and wanted to try a course I had'nt played and I did'nt regret the change at all.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Steve, I remember when DdT was first released and playing it with the FGL bunch. We set VD gusty conditions and wow, was it fun. This course and Death Valley are two of my favorite desert courses because of the use of colorful blends and panos. DdT was released by "Two Texans" but I either never found out or can't remember who these guys were that designed it. DV is a Lewis/DanO effort.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Indy Anna Jones wrote:Steve, I remember when DdT was first released and playing it with the FGL bunch. We set VD gusty conditions and wow, was it fun. This course and Death Valley are two of my favorite desert courses because of the use of colorful blends and panos. DdT was released by "Two Texans" but I either never found out or can't remember who these guys were that designed it. DV is a Lewis/DanO effort.
I asked around Indy... The Two Texans were BKFIN and Ezymny (aka Randy, aka good ol boy)... both talented designers
Dar
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Thanks, dar... I remember that now. I've got a couple of Fin's courses and all of ez's... they are (were sadly?) good designers.

For my upcoming tourney I'm going to try something with my AI players. I always play a practice round at my chosen course (usually with Gary and Jack. Yesterday we played Desierto f9 on l/d/c and b9 on l/vd/g. I try to learn as much as I can about texture qualities and how they're going to affect the clubs. Well I'm going to put the AI players through the same learning test and see if it has any affect on them. (If you click off the regulation play under rules no stats will accumulate.)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Since I'm appox. half way through the 2011 season I thought I would post a run down of whats occured up to today. It may not appear neat due to the limatations of this format.

PGA World Tour 2011
Season Winners & Events

HYUNDAI TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONSHIP – (Elite)
Course - Kauais Kekaha G. C.
Winner – Anthony Kim (-19)
JOBERG OPEN – (Normal)
Course – Pine Crest C. C.
Winner – Jason Day (-21)
ABU DHABI GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP – (Normal)
Course – Coronas the Gold Course 2010
Winner – Rory McIlroy (-14)
VOLVO GOLF CHAMPIONS – (Normal)
Course – Royal Valley Rameses
Winner – Thongchai Jaidee (-15)
WAST MGMT. PHOENIX OPEN – (Normal)
Course – Desierto de Tejas
Winner – Charlie Wi (-15)
OMEGA DUBAI DESSERT CLASSIC – (Normal)
Course – Dragon Ridge G. C.
Winner – Pat Perez (-13)
ACCENTURE MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP – (Elite)
Course – Desert Edge G. C.
Winner – Steve Horn (6-0)
NORTHERN TRUST OPEN - (Normal)
Course – Mamacs Retreat G. C.
Winner – Ryan Palmer (-18)
THE HONDA CLASSIC – (Normal)
Course – Glen Haven
Winner – Bob Estes (-14)
WGC – CA CHAMPIONSHIP – (Elite)
Course – GunPowder Bay
Winner – Alvaro Quiros (-13)
SICILAN OPEN – (Normal)
Course – Alkimos Golf Links
Winner – Steve Horn (-22)
ARNOLD PALMER INVITATIOAL - (Normal)
Course – Bay Hill
Winner – Edoardo Molinari (-24)
TROPHEE HASSAN II - (Normal)
Courses – Bayview Hills & Crook O' Lune
Winner – Robert Allenby (-21)
THE MASTERS - (Major)
Course – Augusta National 2001
Winner – Jason Day (-17)
MAYBANK MAYLASIAN OPEN - (Normal)
Course – Whitsunday Island G.C.
Winner – Charlie Wi (-15)
THE HERITAGE – (Normal)
Course – Tidewater G.C. & Plantation
Winner – Jerry Kelly (-18)
BALLENTINES CHAMPIONSHIP – (Normal)
Course – Point Reyes National
Winner – Bill Haas (-12)
THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP – (Elite)
Course – TPC Sawgrass 2010
Winner – Matt Kuchar (-17)
WELLS FARGO CHAMPIONSHIP – (Normal)
Course – Quail Hollow V-2
Winner – Alexander Noren (-16)
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

I recognize a lot of those names, but who's that Steve Horn guy? I don't have any tour stats for him.

But seriously it's kind of funny that we don't share any of the same winners. Funny how the AI works, how players perform on different styles of courses, etc. I can't find any real reason why some of my players are performing so poorly and others so well when the starting stats are so similar. (I still have 6 players who have only missed 1 cut, but one of them has never finished better than T21. Weird.)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

The Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial has concluded. I was going for my 3rd title of the season and 3rd on this par 70 course. I got off to a real good start. Good conditions and a course with plenty of birdie oppurtunities. A was -13 after the first 2 rounds shooting 64 then 63. This gave me a 2 shot lead over Dustin Johnson and a pairing with him for the next 2 rounds (the kiss of death). The kiss of death was to me. I just didn't have it in rounds 3 or 4. I shot 68 and 71 finishing in 3rd place. Dustin shot good enough to win with a 3rd round 66 and a 68 in round 4. Charl Schwartzel past me by to finish at -15 and grab 7 points and also moved to 9th over all in the points chase. Dustin Johnsons win and 10 points moved him into a tie for 6th with 32 points. My 3rd place finish gave me 5 points and moved me into a tie for 4th with 33 points. Matt kuchar still maintains his 18 point lead with 57 over Jason Days 39 points.
Next up an elite tournament on the European Tour The BMW-PGA Championship. This season the host course will be Hideaway Haven.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

I just finished the Valero Texas Open. Tough course conditions all weekend including a round of l/vd/g, but none of the pros took off this week until the last round with s/m/b. I was the "clubhouse" leader at -18 (6th from the last group) but Charlie Wi started the final round 3 up on me and met my final round -6 with a -4 and Ryan Moore shot -5 to make the playoff at -19. A glitch/stroke loss cost me a par on 17 or it would have been a 3-way playoff.
Playing #10 and 11, both players parred 10 then Moore bogied 11 to Wi's par and first tour victory. The rest of the T10:
T3. IA Jones, DeLaet -19
T5. Trahan, Furyk, Couch -18
T8. Garrigus, Collins -17
T10. Teater, Rose, Stricker, Goosen, Perez, Dean Wilson, Els, Imada, Choi -16.

Top 5 Money Leaders (after 15 weeks)
1. IA Jones $4.86M
2. Paul Casey $4.01M
3. Jason Bohn $3.29M
4. Retief Goosen $3.01M
5. Joe Durant $2.87M