Season Play Results

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Season Play Results

Post by SteveHorn »

Jax! I have'nt checked how many cuts I've made but I would say Its probably only 50% at best. The key to us real players doing well is to take advantage of the courses that you do make the cuts on.

I noticed Paul Casey is in the lead for both you and Indy.He is doing pretty good for me with points in 3 tourny's and a total of 16. That should have him somewhere between 10th to 20th in the top 20 but 23 points behind the leader Jason Day.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Thanks for posting your standings :) It helps me envision things a lot better :)
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Fascinating how it works out. I'm using your point system but probably a little differently than you. Jason Day is #76 on my money list, 0 points, $270,455 earnings, best finish T21. Casey has 31 points, just over $3.8M earnings, which is 6 points and a full million over me (#2 on money list, #3 on point list.)
After last week I don't have any players left who haven't missed at least 1 cut. Poor Jimmy Walker has missed 9; his earnings so far are $32,471 (best finish T45.) I don't know how he's keeping up the payments on his motor home.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Jimmy Walker was great on "Good Times" DYN O MITE :laugh:
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

I looked Jimmy up, and actually he's not doing too bad.
http://www.pgatour.com/players/02/56/32/

I have no idea why he's doing so bad on my tour.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Another dismal event. Bay Hill has to be the hardest course I've ever played because of its inconsistencies. Or maybe I'm just being whiney, lol! At any rate I missed the cut with a second round +5/+3 for the tournament. Webb Simpson had no problems though, winning his first event with -23. The rest of the top 10:
T2. Matt Kuchar, Charles Howell III -18
T4. Troy Merritt, Retief Goosen-17
T6. Tim Clark, Carl Petterson -16
T8. Chris Stroud, Chad Collins, Bubba Watson, David Toms, Ryan Palmer, Phil Mickelson -15

Next stop, the Shell Houston Open. This is the first course since the opener than we don't have (Redstone) so I've opted to use Champions.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

The Players Championship for 2011 has concluded. The 3 cut system had 0 players cut after round 1 but I will still probably keep it in place for this tournament only.

First I want to praize Dale Somerfelt for this outstanding updated version of The Players Club at Sawgrass. The first version was very good and I always enjoyed playing on it but this updated version is the better choice in my opinon. I was skeptical at first as to rather I would like it as well as the original version. This was mainly because when I downloaded it several months ago and opened it I thought the textures looked off. Way to much of a turcoise hue for my taste. But to my suprise when I loaded it up this time I thought everything blended together very well and I did'nt notice the hue of the tees or any other textures nearly as much as the first time. The hole layout and overall design seem spot on. The planting is absolutly as good as it gets for a recreation. It is so close to the real thing. GREAT DESIGN

As far as the actual tournament went for this season lets just say it was a strain on the brain. The first round the conditions were good (S,N,B). I played pretty well but I did'nt have my A game. I shot -3 (69) but it could have
been a 66 had I played a little better. Round two the weather started making more of a factor. It was gusty wind conditions. Most of the longer holes were playing into the wind making them very long. I shot even par 72. Round 3 took a further turn for the worst. (L,N,S) were the conditions (OUCH)I HATE IT WIND THE WIND IS STRONG and this time the rough was long. I knew I had to shoot at least another 69 like I did in the opening round. I knew there was little chance that I could go that low. The same thing seemed to happen with the wind. Longest holes mostly dead into a 35 to 40 mph wind. Most approches to the green were impossible to get close to the pins. Everytime I thought I had it figured out which club to hit the wind would change and or shift enough to make me choose another club. This was a constant problem in rounds 2 and exspecially round 3. I shot a 75 in round 3 and missed the final cut.
The winner was Matt Kuchar at -17 by 1 stroke over 3 players (Marc Leishman, Charl Schwartzel & Steve Elkington) who has been playing much better over the last couple seasons. With this hugh win over 1.8 millon and 17 points Matt Kuchar has taken over the lead in both points and money earned. The following is the current standings in points and money.

NAME TOTAL POINTS
MATT KUCHAR 52
JASON DAY 39
BILL HAAS 38
EARL EDWARDS 33
STEVE HORN 28
JIM FURYK 27
STEVE STRICKER 25
DUSTIN JOHNSON 22
LEE WESTWOOD 22
CHARLIE WI 20

NAME DOLLARS WON
MATT KUCHAR $3,921,762
JASON DAY $3,188,622
STEVE HORN $2,891,481
BILL HAAS $2,155,899
CHARLIE WI $2,131,672
EARL EDWARDS $1,836,839
STEVE STRICKER $1,815,153
RYAN PALMER $1,775,574
RORY McILROY $1,772,935
JIM FURYK $1,610,080

Next up Wells Fargo Championship at Quail Hollow V2
JaxDuffer
Chronic Slicer

Post by JaxDuffer »

Been making more cuts lately and then ...BAM, win #2. Colonial. After a horrible opening round which included a 10 on the first par 5, I shot -10 in round 2, by far my best round on that course since I've had it. I make the 3rd round conditions pretty tough which usually gives a + round but I kept focused and shot 2 under. Round 4 went great so I won by 4 strokes.

I decided to play my first round of the next tourney with another pro, the poor victim was Rickie Fowler who shot +4. It was the worst score of the round. What a strange bug that is.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Until I get my sound problem fixed their will be a delay in continuing with my season. Hopefully this will be a very short delay.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Kiss of death, like I told you Jax. I can't figure out why they play so badly when they have to actually play their shots, but so far it's happened to my AI fellow competitors all but maybe once or twice.

Poppy and I played Champion Club yesterday; I thought this was a rendition course but it's not. Pretty nice course except a couple of holes are completely blocked off by the trees lining the tee. One is a 272 yard par 4, but due to the trees you have to lay up at around 230. So I'll be looking for another course for the Shell Houston Open.