Old Timers Competition

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: Old Timers Competition

Post by tarheel »

Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Round 1 at Alluring. Tiny greens make it challenging.
Attachments
Alluring Lakes 2 - Galen_Rnd1.round
(25.4 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Challenging greens they may be Galen, but you managed to handle them very well, with the best Rd 1 score so far. It will be interesting to see if you can maintain this standard in Rd 2.

Randy found the Mark Twain course provided a greater challenge than Alluring Lakes, particularly the Par 5's.

This four round tourney, with both Galen and Randy having their handicap calculations change, is throwing up some very close results. Can't wait to see what Tarheel has to offer.

Cheers

Brad
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Finally, here is round 1
Alluring Lakes 2 - Tarheel - Round 1.round
(24.92 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

And here is round 2.
Alluring Lakes 2 - Tarheel - Round 2.round
(24.92 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Getting a lot done today on my day off!

Round 3.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Thanks Brad for getting three quick rounds posted. It has allowed us to get Rd 1 completed, and what a close result it was.

Despite Galen's great round, Tarheel came through with a fine 59 to steal the Stroke honours. Randy's 63 and his (still friendly) handicap saw him take out the Handicap honours, while sharing the best Stableford score of 36 points with Galen.

It's great to see the accolades being spread around. In Rd 3, Randy will have played 20 rounds. So in Rd 4 his handicap will be based on only his best eight scores from his last twenty rounds. I reckon that will make things even closer amongst all five of us.

Here's the Rd 1 results.

I have also included the Rounds Played To Date table for your information.

As we are pretty close to finishing this tourney, I think, as a reward for taking out the Handicap honours in Rd 1, Randy can pick the course(s), tees and conditions for our next tournament.

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Rd 1 Scores and Results.jpg
(21.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Rounds played to date.jpg
(17.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Round 2 at Alluring Lakes. Sorry to hold things up. Been rather busy with RL stuff lately. Will try and get the last two rounds in tomorrow.
Attachments
Alluring Lakes 2 - Galen_Rnd2.round
(24.15 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

No worries Galen, life has to go on.

As I've said before, there is no pressure, it's all about enjoying your round(s).

Cheers

Brad
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

Rd 2 is done and dusted and we got taken to the cleaners by a fast-finishing Mr Geier, who shot an impeccable 57, to share the Stroke honours with myself and to steal the Handicap and Stableford honours from Juan and Randy. Well played Galen. (I think I am going to have to start testing you guys for performance enhancing drugs, you are improving so quickly! :laugh: )

On that note, I did a little calculating and since each player started in the comp, all but one has improved their stroke average/round. Only Randy hasn't, but that is due to him only having played seven rounds since an eight month break from the game. It's not that easy to get back into the rhythm of it, as well as re-learn all the nuances on the greens and slopes.

Juan is the biggest mover, having improved by a massive 5.3 shots per round over just 26 rounds. Galen is next, improving 2 shots per round over only 22 rounds. Tarheel has improved 1.7 shots over 50 rounds and I have improved 1.3 shots, also over 50 rounds. Just goes to show "Practice makes perfect!". Of course, with those improvements comes higher handicaps, making it harder to score well in the Handicap and Stableford events.

Here are the results for Rd 2:

Cheers

Brad

Attachments
Rd 2 Scores and Results.jpg
(22.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet