Contest Course Progress

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Re: Contest Course Progress

Post by A Brandt »

I don't mind having my course in limbo for a while. I think it's only fair to the rest of the designers that it stay there until all are ready to be downloaded.

ADC wrote:Also, like I said, is it ok that I'm not building a seaside style course, using the coos bay, pebble beach, etc styles. No offenes, but everyone here is, and I was thinking what if it were a large lake like near where I used to live?
My course is "located" on the shores of Lake Michigan. The name comes from a town just north of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore called Glen Haven, MI. So I don;t know if that's still considered "seaside".
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

So if we can get a couple of more entries by extending the deadline by 2 weeks, I'm all for it! The more the better, and I'm sure the quality of courses we get will be excellent.
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

Yep, I agree. If 2 weeks are needed for more entries, then go for the extension. :up:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

As of now the only person needing more time is ADC and Robert@ although their has been no confirmation rather this is enough time for Robert@. I hope Robert@ can stay in the contest. If we don't here from anyone else as far as progress or interest I think we should stay at the Midnight Jan 16th max deadline or whenever ADC or possibly Robert @ submit their entry if sooner then the max deadline. No need to wait tell the 16th if all possible courses are in before then.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

I'll definitely get finished by the 16th Jan for what its worth... That's a hole a week and an extra week to tidy up etc. which should be plenty for me.

Cheers
LL
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Just found out that I may need the extra time as well. My sister, her husband and their son are staying for a whole week for Christmas! I'll easily be done before Jan 16 though.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Computer is back! :)

First hole gamble...

16th Tee...
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

VERY SWEET Duncan. Is that first hole your drivable par 4 entry?
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Thanks Steve :)

Actually its 400 yards long - a drive and pitch hole in modern terms - but the idea is for it to be deceptive so I'm glad you picked up on that! The real landing area is sunk over the brow of the hill, to make it look tempting enough to go for the tougher more punitive right side option. The reward is a good line in to a green sloping towards you.
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

Looks great Links. Very nice work. I think looking through all pics posted, that everyone has come up with a different look for each course which will be great for downloading and judging. Can't wait. Here is a view of the 18th from my course. Still need to add tee markers and a little bit more work on planting for the rest of the course, but I am happy with how it is all going so far. Also got to test a few more pin placements, especially on Very Dry.
contest 18th.jpg
(515.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet