Contest Course Progress

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
ADC
Tour Contender

Re: Contest Course Progress

Post by ADC »

Ok, Jan 2nd should be fine. I'm sorry for the drama, but we got snowed in here this weekend, and wouldn't you know, I got 5 holes done. So, I'm back on schedule, if not slightly ahead. For now. Sorry.

What were the rules again, concerning custom library use? No more than 7, not including stocks we want to use? Or not more than 7 period?
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

ADC,
& custom libraries is the limit. No limit on stock libraries.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Umm...is that 8?

Also, like I said, is it ok that I'm not building a seaside style course, using the coos bay, pebble beach, etc styles. No offenes, but everyone here is, and I was thinking what if it were a large lake like near where I used to live?
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

ADC ! I think Doron accidently hit the caps button so you saw ( & ) instead of 7. Seven custom libraries is the limit ( not including pano only if needed ). Use all the regular stock libraries you want. That doesn't include extra libraries included with the Collectors or Titainium editions which has screwed me up more then once. 1 par 5 no more then 525 yards, 1 driveable par 4 ( use your own judgement) and one short par 3 I think it has to be under 150 yards. Pretty much anything else you do to the plot is permited. Do any style its up to you.

Has anyone heard from Terry. I thought he originally entered the contest
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Sorry ADC, I must have hit 'shift' when I typed it. I think Terry has alot of singing performances near the holidays, but I'll try to get in touch with him.

Maybe it's just a better idea to move the date to the middle of January, like Steve said. Afterall, this is just a game, and nobody should need to rush through this when people have more important things to do for Christmas.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I went back to the My Golfer site to see who all was originally doing a course for the contest. I knew their was more then the people who are posting on this site. We haven't heard from
Sevesoldier, KSBC6499, Terry or DC1 on any progress or if they gave up and are no longer in the contest. Does anyone knows their statis or can contact them. I'm OK with extending the deadline to mid January if thats whats best to insure more entries. I'm not sure however that we should be holding on to ( not releasing for play) courses that are done by the original deadline. I say that come next week that any courses submited by the original deadline of Christmas should be released for play. You can start releasing on 12/19/10. However no redos (resubmiting). What say the rest of you. I fill were penilizing people for being done ontime if we wait till mid January to release their course. The original intent was that most courses would be submited within a week or 2 at the most of each other. Adam released his early this month and we have to wait 5 or 6 weeks to play it. Thats just not right.
Last edited by SteveHorn on December 12th, 2010, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I had considered the contest, but I'm not the fastest designer out there. Also I'm about 90% done with a course I've been working on and want to finish it. Thanks for asking.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Terry will not be entering the contest. He has too much to do right now.
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

I should still be ready to upload mine, hopefully early next week. I have no problem with extending the deadline to mid January if it will get a couple more courses in for the contest. After that though, and I think it would be dragging out too long.

Also, I don't see it as a problem with releasing some courses early. It may make it easier for judging as you don't havehowever many courses to play all at once. You can get some as an early Christmas present and some as a late present :D
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

I can be done by Jan 2nd, but I have to rush, rush. Mid of Jan would be terrific, but not neccesary. Whatever you guys choose.