Patriot's Point

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
RandyG
Scratch Golfer

Re: Patriot's Point

Post by RandyG »

Coming along great, love the views :up:
randy
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

BradTheDad wrote: September 19th, 2023, 5:02 pm Love those elevated views Steve!

Cheers

Brad
Thanks Brad!!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

tarheel wrote: September 20th, 2023, 7:08 pm I really like the background for this one.
Thanks Brad, I'm trying to show it as often as possible.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

RandyG wrote: September 25th, 2023, 5:07 pm Coming along great, love the views :up:
randy
Thanks Randy, how's things going up your way? We need to find time to get together again. Last time lasted what? about 15 minutes. LOL
RandyG
Scratch Golfer

Post by RandyG »

Hiya Steve,

Well, the Browns are winning and I've already got my Super Bowl tickets............ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just kidding, Steeler fan here! Just egging on the Brownies' lol

Yup, I knew it was going to be a short coffee break last time, it took me longer than I expected to get to my drop :(

I'll give ya a heads up next time I head your way :driver: :thumbsup:
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

RandyG wrote: September 26th, 2023, 5:52 pm Hiya Steve,

Well, the Browns are winning and I've already got my Super Bowl tickets............ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just kidding, Steeler fan here! Just egging on the Brownies' lol

Yup, I knew it was going to be a short coffee break last time, it took me longer than I expected to get to my drop :(

I'll give ya a heads up next time I head your way :driver: :thumbsup:
Sounds like a plan Randy. I'm in Lebanon now so it's a little closer to you. Should have given you a heads up when Mikey came out this way.!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageHole #6 @ Patriot's Point is a 169 yard par 3. To attack the green you must carry the water and the wind at your back helps but be careful not to overshoot or you'll find the bunker behind the green. There is also a bunker on the far right protecting the small fairway and rough mounds or as I call them,"Love Bumps" on the left of the green.
Views from tee, behind the green and looking left at the 'Love Bumps'.

Designer notes: In the text above I'm making light of the rough mounds but this is a great enhancement for your designs. They are basically small elevation mounds that can create havoc for the golfer if he miscues. Throughout Patriot's Point you will find these mounds along the sides of certain fairways and many of the greens. They are very simple to create and really adds a professional look to your designs. Here is how I create them assuming you are on fairly level terrain. Click on terrain, new elevation shape and make a square. Size does matter here guys so if the square is larger you will need to smooth it more. Click on bulge up twice, then smooth twice, bulge up once, smooth once, bulge up once and then smooth one to three times,perhaps a few more if the square was too big. and there you have one. They don't have to be huge and be sure to separate them so they don't just form a large hill. This is also an easy starting point for learning the elevation tools so don't hesitate to play around with them. If you mess up which I do more often than I'd like to admit then just go back to the terrain tool and select flatten hole!Image
Attachments
Clipboard06.jpg
(724.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard05.jpg
(788.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Attachments
Clipboard07.jpg
(841.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Thats a cool designing trick. The hole really looks inviting!

BTW, if you look ahead a few weeks on my schedule, I'm getting ready to play four of your older courses back to back over a couple of weeks during my first 'designer break' I'm excited to bring these courses out into the light for a bit!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

tarheel wrote: September 28th, 2023, 1:36 pm Thats a cool designing trick. The hole really looks inviting!

BTW, if you look ahead a few weeks on my schedule, I'm getting ready to play four of your older courses back to back over a couple of weeks during my first 'designer break' I'm excited to bring these courses out into the light for a bit!
Thanks Brad. Hoping it helps some of the new designers. There's a few of my older courses that probably should stay in the dark. LOL