Season Play Results

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: Season Play Results

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Steve, how many events do you have left? Did you make your season file up at one time or have you been adding to it as you go along? I've got this weeks event plus the 4 WGC championship events, then I'm going to make up another match play championship with the top 64, and possibly a President's Cup type of event with the top 24 using a 1-3-5...23 vs 2-4-6...24 type of format. I'm not sure about that yet.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Judy! I decide what courses and events to play only 2 to 4 weeks ahead usually. We still have the Presidents Cup at Royal Melbourne in November but I'm just starting Octobers schedule. So I'd say without looking I've got 7 tourney's left not including the Presidents Cup. Alot of points can be made up still but I'm going to have to have my (A) game the rest of the way to have any hope of being this seasons WORLD CHAMPION.

By the way I got Medina fixed and compiled. There was 1 object (main clubhouse area) causing the problem. Still got alot to do and correct but beware the 3 par 3's over Lake Kadijah. Those and #12 can destroy an otherwise good round.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

My regular tour is complete; another missed cut. Actually I was doing okay at -7 until round 2, hole 14 at ArrowParke, one of those damn rounded pin placements with a steep falloff to rough on 3 sides. Playing on dry, I missed an 8-footer going down 4", then a short chip that fell back to my feet, then another chip that circled the hole and came back, then another chip 10' past, then a missed comeback and a repeat of the process... anyway I ended up with a 14 on a par 3 which put me at +4 with a -4 cut. Needless to say I was so angry I just flailed away the last 4 holes. I did manage a birdie on #18, which ended me up at +27. :mad:

But the happy part of it is that old-timers Ernie Els and Stewart Cink ended up tied for first; Els won on the first playoff hole birdie/par over Cink. Vijay finished in a T7 along with Jeff Maggert and others. I like seeing these "old guys" finish high.

The final top 10:
T1. Ernie Els*, Stewart Cink -19
T3. Joe Durant, Fredrick Jacobsen, Bubba Watson -18
6. Chris Stroud -17
T7. Vijay Singh, Graham DeLaet, Retief Goosen, Ryan Palmer, Jonathon Byrd, Jeff Maggert -16

Some of these names remind me of a holiday meal. How 'bout a nice Vijay juice with vodka for an apparitif, then baked goosen for the main course with a nice graham deLaet for dessert. I'll put the leftovers in the trash for the maggerts. On second thought maybe it'd be better just to use the garbage disposal in the cink. :eek: :wavey:
Last edited by Indy Anna Jones on August 21st, 2011, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

I'm set to begin the championship rounds, which will start at the top 100 earners, then 80, 60 and 40 finishers. In this 33rd week, Rocco Mediate moved up from 101 to 99 and Blake Adams from 108 to 100 to qualify for the playoffs. Davis Love III * missed the Wyndham cut and dropped from 99 to 101.

UPDATE: I brought back Davis Love III so there would be 101 eligibles; that way I can play by myself without putting the KOD on any of the AI players. Cabrera did miss out by dropping from 100 to 101 this week.

So the following players are finished for 2011:
Angel Cabrera, Scott Verplank, Ben Curtis, Kris Blanks, Jeff Maggert, Ian Poulter, Alex Cejka, Stewart Appleby, Tim Petrovic, Cameron Beckman, Shaun Micheel, Roland Thatcher, Luke Donald, Derek Lamely, Jason Dufner, Bill Lunde, Martin Laird, Jimmy Walker, and Y. E. Yang.

There was no change in the top 18 money winners.

Next up: THE BARCLAYS at Fabita Bay at Nine Mile Drive. Each remaining tourney has an $8M purse. There will be no cuts. In the event of ties for 81st place, eliminees will be determined per earnings at the end of the tournament.
Last edited by Indy Anna Jones on August 21st, 2011, 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Judy! Thats some holliday meal.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Indy Anna Jones wrote: Some of these names remind me of a holiday meal. How 'bout a nice Vijay juice with vodka for an apparitif, then baked goosen for the main course with a nice graham deLaet for dessert. I'll put the leftovers in the trash for the maggerts. On second thought maybe it'd be better just to use the garbage disposal in the cink. :eek: :wavey:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Finished The Austrian Open at Shani Lake. Another 1st time winner in Brendon De Jonge shooting (-18) earning him a 1 stroke victory over the young gun Italian Matteo Manassero. Tieing for 2nd was Chris Couch who was the leader the first 3 rounds. De Jonge Victory earned him 10 points and is now just 1 point out of the top 25. Noteables - Alexander Noren who is creeping up the points list and is now in 30th place as is another top ten finisher Graeme McDowell.. Players currently in the top 25 in points to finish in the top 10, The red hot Marc Lieshman with 2 points and Steve Elkington recieving 1 point. I did not play. I decided to serve my 1 week suspension for this event because of an early season mistake.

Next: - The Dunhill Links Championship. An Elite event annually played at St. Andrews, Carnoustie & Kingsbarn. In my effort to play courses that I haven't played this sesasons event will be played at Autumn Winds, Shammrock Shores and The Dunes Resort. Only 1 cut after the 3rd round in this event.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

The Dunhill Links Championship has concluded with the consistent Ben Crane finally getting a win at (-13) winning in a playoff over Tim Herron who finished 2nd. This moves Crane into 6th place in points with (60). There was a 5 way tie for 3rd Louis Oosthuizen (19th) Jerry Kelly (14th) Danny Lee, Joakim Haeggman, Tiger Woods (12th). Steve Stricker picked up 4 points and is now (5th) in points. I missed the cut. An opening round +7 was to much ground to make up and I finished at even through 3 rounds which was'nt nearly low enough to make the cut.
I recommend highly The Dunes G.R. and even a little better Shammrock Shores G.L.

Next - The Bankia Madrid Open
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

The first leg of the FedEx Cup is complete, 3 events remain in the official 2011 season. Had it been a normal event it would have been another missed cut for me, but over the weekend I played well enough to make it to a T77 (-9) and make it into the next event. I played "The Barclay" at Fabita Bay at 9 Mile Island; played Thursday at -6 but Friday at +3 (the cut would have been -4) in harsh conditions... a tough course on VD greens, definitely. Charles Howell III has his third win of the season finishing at -22 with a birdie on #17 that prevented a 4 way playoff. The rest of the top 10:
T2. KJ Choi, Shaun O'Hair, Paul Casey -21
T5. Kevin Streelman, Chris Couch, Greg Chalmers -20
8. JP Hayes -19
T9. Garrett Willis, Dean Wilson, Matt Kuchar, Webb Simpson, Josh Teater -18

Eliminated: Ryuji Imada, Steve Elkington, Rory Sabbatini, Marc Leishman, Aaron Baddeley, Jeff Overton, Jerry Kelly, Spencer Levin, Blake Adams, Justin Rose, Davis Love III, Sergio Garcia, Robert Garrigus, Ryan Moore, Brendon de Jonge, Jim Furyk, Chris Stroud. Although T77, these 3 were eliminated because they were lowest in earnings: Camilo Villegas, Tim Clark and Stewart Cink. #14 Imada was the highest ranked player eliminated.

Next: The 81 quarter-finalists in The DeutscheBank Championship at Boston Hills CC (Dale Somerfelt).
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Week #35, the Deutsche Bank Championship is complete, and Indy is back in the winners' circle after 7 bad weeks. I think maybe the amount of practice I get while designing makes a big difference. Anyway... I do wish the AI players weren't so lousy when playing live, because I would have loved to have been teeing it up with Paul Casey this week. If I may so honor myself, it would have been another "duel in the sun." Casey and I were neck and neck from #15 in round one until birdies on #70 and #71 finally put it away for me. I won by 3 strokes but there was rarely more than a 2 stroke difference and more frequently it was +1/-1 between us. It was pretty exciting. So for week 35, the leaderboard:

1. Indy Anna Jones -23
2. Paul Casey -20
T3. Jason Bohn, Mark Wilson, Paul Goydos -15
T6. KJ Choi, Greg Chalmers -14
T8. Webb Simpson, Steve Stricker, Charley Hoffman, Alex Prugh*, Retief Goosen -13
*Prugh is ranked #69 in the surviving money winners; this is his only T10 finish of the season and it sure came at a good time for him.

Eliminated to bring the semi-final player count to 61:
Kenny Perry, Zach Johnson, Jason Day, Andres Romero, Stephen Ames, Brian Gay, Geoff Ogilvey, Shaun O'Hair, Matt Jones, Ryan Palmer, Brandt Snedeker, Garrett Willis, Kevin Sutherland, JJ Henry, Nick Watney, John Rollins, Rocco Mediate, Lucas Glover, Michael Sim, and DA Points.

Next week Is an off week, then the BMW Championship at Arcadia Bluffs. That should be rugged!