Season Play Results

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Season Play Results

Post by SteveHorn »

The Blue Monster hole #16 at Firestone S. is that far I believe!
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

You're right Steve, good catch. I got 658 on it. Several of our courses have 600-625 yarders. Other than the one you named, I can't think of any off hand (which means nothing. :confused: :shrug: )
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Judy, I think Vertigo Island had one that was over 700, but had 200 yards of drop from tee to green. I wouldn't recommend that course though.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I have just finished playing The Memorial. I played on both my versions. In rounds 1 and 3 I played my new version. In rounds 2 and 4 I played my retro Muirfield Village pre 2000 looking tournament version. I'm very pleased with the way the new version looks and plays. I opened the tourny by shooting 67,67, (-10) to take an early 1 shot lead. Round 3 I shot -3 (69) and found myself in 3rd place 1 stroke behind Dustin Johnson and 2 behind the leader Chad Campbell.
As it was 2 weeks ago, I was paired with Dustin for the final round. We battled each other going back and forth for most of the first 12 holes. Then on 13 I had a hugh breaking 35 footer. The greens were very dry and I thought there is almost know way to get this ball close. Somehow I manged to get the ball 6' just below the hole and get my par. I think this was the turning point. I made a great birdie on 14.Then birdied 15. I was on 18 at (-18) and Dustin was at (-16). After a good tee shot I thought I'd better check the leaderboard and saw I had a 2 shot lead as Chad Campbell was struggling. The pin was on the far right with a wind that was blowing left. I hit what I thought was a good shot but was just off the green 54' away. I'm normally a very good chipper but it came off the club a little hot and went by 11' leaving me a huge breaking downhill putt for par. I move 18 clicks left and just barely miss but it rolls 5 ' past leaving me a tricky little putt for the win. I sink it for my 2nd win at The Memorial and 3rd win of the season. (WHEW) I almost blew that. My 68 gave me a 1 shot victory over Dustin who 2 weeks ago got the better of me at Colonial.
The only other player that is in the top 10 who got points was Marc Lieshman. He moved into 10th place with 26 points. Matt Kuchar still leads with 57 but his lead has shrunk dramaticly the past 2 weeks. Dustin johnson is now in 2nd with 52 points and I'm in 3rd with 50 points.
Next up the Saint Jude Classic on the New version of TPC Southwind. I will be posting a full update on points and dollars earned after the US OPEN in 2 weeks.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Good game Steve. I'll update the Zurich a little later... I was just about ready to say, uh Steve, the US Open is in 6 weeks... then recalled you're playing ahead of schedule.

I really wish I could get a good challenge from the AI players, but so far it hasn't happened. I beat myself up in the matchplay championship and came from behind to finish 3rd at Pebble.. coulda.. shoulda won but a couple of late bogies kept me out of it.

Looking forward to your new Muirfield Village. Will you have it out by the real tourney time?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Indy! Muirfield Village might be uploaded today.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Steve,
Make sure the name sets it apart from all the others or we will have a major name confusion.
Here is what is out there already

Muirfield
Muirfield (Pre-Release)
Muirfield Village Golf Club
Muirfield Village V2, Tournament Edition
Murfield Village 2006

Maybe Murfield Village 2011 would do it.
Dar
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Zurich Classic of New Orleans at English Turn CC is complete... I won but I have to say I wasn't very happy with this one. It's been several years since I played ET and I remembered it kicking my tail pretty bad and having very fast greens. Either I misremembered the course or my game has improved that much... maybe both? Anyway I set moderate conditions conditions (breezy-gusty; moist/normal) and it was just too easy. I finished at -23, winning by 4, with only a couple of bogies for the 4 rounds. I'll make up for it this week though. The rest of the top 10:
2. Chris Couch, -19
T3. Graham de Laet, Kevin Na, Paul Goydos, Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Jonathon Byrd -18
T9. Rory Sabbattini, DJ Trahan -17

Ernie Els and Vijay Singh finished T11 (-16); I like seeing these "old guys" names close to the top.

Thursday starts the Wells Fargo at Terry's super Quail Hollow CC. Jack and I just finished a round on dry greens and moderate winds, and after last week's sleepfest I'm going to crank the volume up on this one. :eek:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Judy and all other season players!
I would recommend that all course condition settings be made randomly. I never choose I let the cards choose. I use a standard deck of playing cards to do the course settings for all tournaments. Here's how I do it

ROUGH LENGTH = 2 thru 5 (short) 6 thru 9 (medium) 10 thru Ace (long)

GREEN CONDITIONS = Ace only (wet) 2 and 3 (moist) 4 thru 6 (normal) 7 thru King (dry) Joker (Very Dry)

WIND SPEED = 2 thru 4 (still) 5 thru 8 (breezy) 9 thru Jack (gusty) Queen thru Ace (Calm)
Joker (strong)

Rules! 1. You can't go from short rough then have long rough the next round. If you draw a high card when it was short the previous round change it to medium lenght
2. You can't go from wet greens to dry or very dry from the previous round. If card says so change to normal. Only a 2 spot change upward at max from previous round condition allowed. You can go from moist to dry but not moist to very dry
3.Anything goes as far as wind It can go from still to very windy if the cards say so.

I reshuffle after every pick to have the odds exactly the same for each draw. In a 52 card deck I recommend 2 jokers but thats your call. You may be suprised how often wet greens, very dry greens or strong winds may show up over the course of a season.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

OK! I've finished the St. Jude Classic at TPC Southwind 2010. I PLAYED CRAPPY. Shot 77 - 73 and of course missed the cut. Between just hitting to many just plain bad shots,I never got the fill for the course even though I think ITS FANTASTIC. Ranks right up their with TPC Sawgrass as far as favorite TPC courses and ranks way up there as far as just being a favorite course. One shot would be short then the next would go long. Never figured things out. The pins were in some very tough spots but with the way I was playing it made little difference. I sure would have liked to have been playing better so I could have played 2 more rounds on the course and to have a better filling heading into the U.S. OPEN.

There was a playoff between Tongchai Jaidee & Bubba Watson with Bubba getting the victory with a (-11) This moved both players in the hunt but not in the top 10. The top 20 in points do auto qualify for the season ending World Championship. ( Courses to be decided soon ) Four players in the top 10 received points. Two points each for Jim Furyk & Charl Schwartzel and 1 point each for Dustin Johnson & Marc Lieshman.
Next up as I said already The U.S. OPEN at Congressional. I haven't played this course yet. Its was put on a disc back when it was released but I just never got around to playing it. I know I liked what I saw in my peek.