Worst 1 hole score?

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
ADC
Tour Contender

Re: Worst 1 hole score?

Post by ADC »

I was playing the Riveria tournament on the PGA 2010 schedule with "Chris Dimarco." I must say, Riveria is the only Somerfelt course that I have not thought well of, especially if the greens are firm. Anyway, the 17th hole, Chris toke a 35 on after knocking his approach to 7 feet from the fairway.

Yeah. He 33-putted that green. It was horrible.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Since we are bringing up Robert@'s courses....I remember playing against the computer (I think it was Brendt Snedeker) and we had a nasty pin on a hole at Driftwood, and he ended up with a 37 or 38. I won that hole :)
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

ADC wrote: Yeah. He 33-putted that green. It was horrible.
Got to love the AI sometimes though don't you? Granted this was a tough green - but boy I love playing against an opponent that is not guaranteed to make a four foot putt when he needs it :laugh: Makes me wonder - what is the highest hole score an AI player has gotten? Maybe we don't want to know the answer to that one :)
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

I got that one. This one happened years ago, but it did happens.

Ok, Pete Dye Golf Club, the par three where the lake kinda juts up in between halfes of the green. The AI it totally on the wrong side of the green. This particular character didn't have AI learning turned on. It putted the ball into the lake again and again and again. Six hours later, it was still doing so.

Final count was over 2,000.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

I don't know what the ACTUAL score might have been.... But I can guess the highest one-hole-score was made by either Hookster, Dar, or Meyer-the-Magician when they "misplaced" their shot-charts and straight-edges...
HAHA!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Oh Robert!! I used to think so highly of you!!! :cry: I know you're not suggesting that some people do things that give them an edge (no pun intended), are you? Are you?? :shrug:
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

I would NEVER suggest such-a-thing!!! HAHAHA
I just come-out and say it in plain english!
heheheheehehe