Boulder Pass

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: Boulder Pass

Post by Sundance »

BradTheDad wrote: June 6th, 2024, 3:27 pm I suspect birdies will be few and far between on this challenging hole. Love the plantings and rockwork Steve.

Cheers

Brad
I think if you can get close to the pin this will yield a few birdies. You guys in the Old Timers Tournament won't have any trouble but the newer players will find it challenging. This course for the most part is wide open with some very short (and tempting) holes that can get you in trouble or allow for a fantastic round. Thanks for noticing the rockwork and plantings. I'm really taking a lot of time and trying to vary the overall effect of the ambience but it's the course that I'm really having fun with.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

The background blends with the trees so perfectly it blows my mind! Again, this one has a very natural feel to it. Nothing looks artificially placed. Looks like a few trees were cleared and some grass planted and the course just came into being.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

tarheel wrote: June 12th, 2024, 7:14 pm The background blends with the trees so perfectly it blows my mind! Again, this one has a very natural feel to it. Nothing looks artificially placed. Looks like a few trees were cleared and some grass planted and the course just came into being.
Brad, we really try to cut down on the construction costs. :)
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageHole #3 @ Boulder Pass is a 477 yard par 4 with the wind in your face but the gradual downhill slope makes it play much shorter. The fairway bunkers on either side of the landing area don't come into play for the average golfer thanks to the wind but power hitters can find the sand. Also, the water protecting the green on Hole #2 can come into play with an errant drive to the left. You should avoid over hitting your approach as the back side of the green slopes down feeding the rear bunker. With Imagebunkers on either side as well the putting surface is well protected!
Attachments
Clipboard08.jpg
(330.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard07.jpg
(352.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Attachments
Clipboard09.jpg
(315.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet