Back on PGA CG! Course Feedback Please

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
BischoffKY
Novice

Back on PGA CG! Course Feedback Please

Post by BischoffKY »

Hello all! I was a member way back in 2005 when I had this game on my old desktop. I messed around with the architect back then and I think maybe even posted a few screen shots. My old comp crashed shortly after and I never saw this game again. Well.... After randomly golfing one day I got the itch to create again and found this site and realized you can download the game! I would like some feedback from you guys. I don't know many of the tools very well and don't know anything about the custom tools you guys talk about. I am in the process of going through and smoothing the course. Have not created depth yet.
NOTE: When I first started creating depth around the fairways, roughs etc. I got pinged on optimizing my course and it would not even compile. My first go round at optimization I completely jacked everything up (thus the smoothing I am doing now).

IDEA: This course first 9 is set to take you the from the top of the open mountain winding down and eventually into a swamp in the valley. The back 9 is from the top of the mountain plateau where you find hand planted cedars in an open course environment.
Looking forward to the feedback!
Attachments
Layout Overview.JPG
(294.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
#2 Tee.JPG
(647.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Swamp Holes 5,6 and 7.JPG
(646.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BischoffKY
Novice

Re: Back on PGA CG! Course Feedback Please

Post by BischoffKY »

Still have more objects to add.

My wind down time in the evenings is designing now :P Getting old ha!
Attachments
Approach #7.JPG
(583.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Green #11.JPG
(483.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Approach #18.JPG
(566.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Your course looks promising keep up the good work. One thing I might suggest is that it looks like your using stock libraries only. There are many excellent created libraries that can really make a course stand out and look better then just using only stock. Woodford Park, The Legacy, Coo's Bay and Blackheath are just a few. There are dozens of others that are also excellent
BischoffKY
Novice

Post by BischoffKY »

How do I download those and where do I store them? Thanks for the feedback!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Welcome back to the game!

The libraries are listed alphabetically and split up among four pages here: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000/libraries/

Unzip the download and store it anywhere. Install through the course manager by either double clicking on the unzipped file if the file type is associated with the course manager or alternatively opening the course manager, clicking install, locating the file, and installing it.
BischoffKY
Novice

Post by BischoffKY »

Wow thanks for the quick answer!

I am going to try that out as soon as I am out of my day of corporate meetings :laugh:
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Post by shot meister »

From one old architect to another, I really like what you are doing. Keep it up and I hope to be able to play the completed course after you upload it. Cheers! :wavey:
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Hi BischoffKY, how is your course coming along?