Any Old Copyright Club Members Here?

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Re: Any Old Copyright Club Members Here?

Post by shot meister »

Really good to see all the posts from old Copyright people!! Some of them have moved over to the Tiger Woods site...M.G.A. Hover for example and I have reacquainted myself with them. Take it easy everyone! :wavey:
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I still come visit and have a mooch around.
Currently don't have PGA installed, playing my way through JNPG, yeah, the graphics are great and the courses are another level, but I miss the competition play from off line seasons, seriously thinking of installing and going back to it.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Good to hear from you David. I play JNPG too. I still play PGA and design. Working on real course at the moment when time allows. When did you start JNPG. Any chance of seeing another Polslad course? What is your JNPG name in the lobby?
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I just play off line.
Been playing about 6 months.
Don't design over there.
Like I say, playing just a casual round may look good in the game, but there's no reward.
No if there was an off line tour with a players list like in PGA, it would be more interesting.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Good to hear from you David. I too am playing JNPG but only once a week on Friday nights online with a few other friends. If it weren't for them I probably wouldn't be playing anything online right now. My issue with it is how they implemented tempo in the mouse swing. It forces you to conform to their defined tempo (unlike PGA which adapted to your natural tempo) and there's no feel for touch shots because it doesn't base it on how fast you move the mouse, just how long of a back swing you take. It's too bad because I enjoyed using the Course Forge course designer for the 9 hole par 3 course I did for their contest but I'm not going to put all that work into a course outside of something like a contest or paid work for a game I don't enjoy playing that much with the current swing mode options. Another problem there is if their servers go down you can't play any custom courses including your own which is a little worrisome, particularly what happens if they stop supporting the game.

I play PGA and WGC occasionally but not real often. Unfortunately I just can't go back to designing for PGA without the high resolution LiDAR import and satellite image blueprint tools that I'm used to in modern games. If not for that I'd probably start working on a course for PGA again.

WGC's online mode is no more so as a PC game it's a dead end now. I'm pretty much only going to do paid work for simulators there now and there hasn't been much of that lately.

The Golf Club 2019 has LiDAR import tools now thanks to a community effort but it still suffers from the same type of issues with the mouse swing that JNPG has.

I'm kind of without a game now and not spending as much time on the computer at the moment. I've been working part time at a golf resort and playing and practicing a lot more real golf lately. That's been fun, I won a few local tournaments at the 1st flight level this year, which is one level below the top level (championship flight). I'm shooting scores in the mid 70's to low 80's which is a few better than I've done in the past.