Portal Courses and Resources

Any CPG/WGC series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Thunder91166
Weekend Duffer

Portal Courses and Resources

Post by Thunder91166 »

Any chance these are still available anywhere since the portal no longer gets them?
Thanks in advance.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Portal Courses and Resources

Post by BrianZ111 »

Thanks for the heads up. I had a busy week this week so I'm just getting around to catching up on things around here. Red Chain switched servers and only the game made it to the new server and they won't be hosting the rest anymore. I will upload the old stock courses and resources that were on there to this site this weekend.
Thunder91166
Weekend Duffer

Post by Thunder91166 »

First off, Thank You for all the help you give us from this site and your design site, I talked to the guy's at Red Chain and they were helpful also, I'm back to Tinkering with courses again, you made a TA Plot for me awhile back that was great for what I needed at the time, but I ran into probs with OS's, I run Win 8.1 so my question is I can Run the game fine but can I design an compile in Win 8.1 or do I need XP or lower?
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Are you talking about PGA 2000 now? I don't think I've ever tried to publish a course on Windows 8 or later but I believe DC#1 has been using Windows 10 and recently released a course so I would think it could work on 8.1. I haven't heard of a compile problem before. The main problem is with libraries not showing up as installed in Windows 8 and later, some have issues and some don't. I think Windows 7 is solid with no issues reported by anyone that I know of though so you don't have to go all the way back to XP if you have issues. If you are talking about WGC then yes, courses will definitely publish in WGC on Windows 8.1.
Thunder91166
Weekend Duffer

Post by Thunder91166 »

No the problem was with TW08, I could do all the layout and elevation work fine but objects like trees and houses would screw with up under Win 8 and above, but that's a mutt issue now, stop awhile back. I've got a new laptop now and can run WGC fine so I figured I would also try the editor since it comes with it :bg:
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Yeah I don't know anything about TW08. TW05 was the last TW game I got and I didn't play it beyond 2005. The TW editor was very similar to PGA 2000 but one difference was PGA 2000 didn't have any 3D trees and a very small number of stock 3D buildings so I can see where that would be a difference. You shouldn't have any technical issues with WGC due to the OS. Play testing from the editor likes to crash so always save before you test. There are crashing issues after publishing too if you over do it on planting trees and grass or put too much detail in the mesh, it's a cumulative thing of all of those. It's hard to tell if you reach that point before publishing though because you can still have good frame rates when that starts to happen. If you run into that just scale things back a bit and republish. You can also import terrain data to an even more detailed level that you could with TA for PGA and TW. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thunder91166
Weekend Duffer

Post by Thunder91166 »

Found a few textures and trees searching some links here
Attachments
WorkinBata.jpg
(70.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

The stock courses now have download links on the course pages. They are labeled as stock courses in the notes section. The stock resources are on the utilities page, the first link under course design.
Thunder91166
Weekend Duffer

Post by Thunder91166 »

Thank you very much to you and the guys at Red Chain Games
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

No problem, look forward to seeing what you do with the course designer. :)