Architect in Windows 10

Help with questions or problems.
DSomerfelt
Range Rookie

Architect in Windows 10

Post by DSomerfelt »

I'd like to begin working on a new course but haven't been able to get the architect to work under Windows 10. Is it possible or do I have to undust off my old computer?
Dale
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Architect in Windows 10

Post by BrianZ111 »

Hey Dale, good to hear from you again. As far as I know it will work in Windows 10 but you may run into the registry corruption issue that others are having where courses and libraries that are installed become blank in the installed list and no longer load. In the case of the architect, losing libraries you are using would be a problem. I have a Windows 8 machine with this issue and others have reported this issue with Windows 10 but some seem to have this issue and some don't. Is that the issue you are having or is it something else? It might be easiest to use a Windows 7 or older machine if you have easy access to one.
DSomerfelt
Range Rookie

Post by DSomerfelt »

Thanks Brian. I just click on the program, get the Window's circle of life and death and then I'm kicked out saying the program caused a problem. I mean I still have the old computer with Windows XP should I could always resort to that if I have to.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Great to hear from you again Dale. As to the issue your having, did you set the compatability mode to run in XP or win 7? I just released a course a couple weeks ago and I have win 10 and thankfully have not had those issues. You can try going to control panel>programs>run programs made from previous versions of windows. Click on advanced and check box to repair automatically, then run troubleshooter. As the King of real courses I will throw one out. How about a course in your backyard called Boulder Creek. I got the chance to play there last year. Nice course, would be a good addition to PGA. Possibly Fowler's Mill.
DSomerfelt
Range Rookie

Post by DSomerfelt »

Both Boulder Creek and Fowler Mills are really great public courses. I have played both years ago. Boulder Creek is probably within 15 miles of the house.I did try the compatibility mode to run the architect but still came up with same error. I'm wondering if I need a more powerful graphics card? Right now I'm just using the graphics on the motherboard. It has worked for playing the game so I just assumed it would be enough for the architect.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I highly doubt it's the graphics card or other system specs. The specs required to run Windows 10 are likely greater than those required to run this game or the architect. Maybe try running it as admin? Although I don't run it as admin and it works. I don't really have any other ideas to try though other than a reinstall of the game.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

That is what I was going to suggest also Brian, was to run as admin. Dale did you install from cd's or the D/L on this site? Don't know why it should make a difference. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I still have an old XP that run and has PGA installed also.