new computer

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

new computer

Post by spencerturner »

Hi everyone, hope you are all well . Am doing ok having just turned 80. Have a question for anyone. About a year ago I had to buy a new computer loaded with windows 7. Have not been able to successfully down load the game since. I still have XP in the box but don't think I can load it on this new computer as I understand Microsoft/Windows no longer supports XP. Sure miss the game , especially designing courses. It kept my mine sharp . I can tell the difference lately. Best to all. Spencer.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: new computer

Post by SteveHorn »

Spencer! I know you've had this problem for sometime for unknown reasons. I don't have windows 7, I have windows 8 and the game works fine. Have you tried right clicking on the PGA shortcut on your desktop and then clicking on the troubleshoot compatibilty?
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Spence, we bought a new computer with W-7 in April. I tried to dl the game without success, and had to use copies someone sent me back in '05. Maybe if someone has the actual game disks they can burn them and send them to you?

No, MS no longer supports XP as far as updating virus protection or anything, but if your old XP is still working well, you can still do your designing on it then plug it in long enough to upload your work. Just don't browse or do anything else while online and you should be safe.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Hi Spencer and Indy:
When you use the the term "Download problem" what does this mean? Are there error messages? Does the computer say the program downloaded but you can't find the installer? What actually happens?
The reason I ask Is, there are several members who have successfully resolved their Win7 issues (check out the Technical Help Forum) and thanks to their knowledge and perseverance I was able to resolve my own issues and successfully download and installed PGA2000 on my new Laptop running Win8.1 update. In the Technical Help Forum, I just posted a quick summary of the basic procedures for another member who has Win 8.1. and wants to install PGA2000. Have you reviewed this and those earlier Win7 posts?
Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Post by hookster »

Hey Spens sorry I just saw this. I have windows 7 and play on line with the guys everyday. You need to download a virtual xp and install it on win 7. Drop me an email and I will be happy to get the info to you. It doesn`t cost a dime , just a little setting up.
email hookster59@yahoo.com