Frustrating

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Frustrating

Post by Polslad »

Hello Everyone,
Whoever that may be these days, in the quiet, dusty hallwalls and rooms of the Clubhouse.
I am still active within the game at home, even thinking of designing again, I guess once bitten, this game just can't let you loose!
I am suffering though at the moment, since my lates PC upgrade, I have lost all and any form I had and any chance of competing with the cyber pro's in my off-line seasons.
As a 5 time major winner, and with over 70 tour wins to my name over 15 seasons, I now find myself hacking around and missing practically every cut, happy to break 80 now, let alone par.
I am putting the blame entirely on my hardware (it obviously cannot be my fault you understand), I'm just wondering if these new fangelled laser optic mice have gotten too sensitive for this game.
I just have no consistency at all.
On one tee I will hit a glorious 290 yard drive that splits the fairway, then on the next tee with the same swing, I will hit a 60 yard slice or hook.
It's worse around the greens, chipping with the same swing results in either a duff, a chip-in, or sending the ball 30 feet pass the hole.
I have adjusted the sensitivity settings on the mouse, from super slow, I find it works best two clicks from slowest, and tried 3 different mice (mouse's?) to no seeming affect.
Thought I'd cracked it recently, went round Cypress Point in 63, but then followed it with an 84.
I am a true swinger, but find my frustration is outweighing my enjoyment at the moment.
Does anyone one else have any similar tales of woe?
Guess I always have the Ben Hogan approach, hours on the practice ground and 'dig it out of the dirt'!
:(
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Frustrating

Post by SteveHorn »

David! I'm also struggling a bit right now with my new computer and mouse. However my scores have mostly been close to even par. I still haven't made a cut in the first 4 events. I'm also a truswing person but I'm close and not overly frustrated at this point. Hope you figure out your swing soon.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Just shot 69 in the first round of the Masters at Augusta.
Currently tied 20th.Big round tomorrow, do I improve or collapse and miss the cut?
Masters is the one I need for a Grand Slam.
3 Open Championships and 1 of each, US Open and USPGA.
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Post by hookster »

Guys if you scroll down a bit and read my post titled super news, there is a way to play with any system by installing virtual xp. I have it on my windows 7 and play with the guys on line all the time. The program works perfectly on my windows 7.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Got to 5 under in the second round then DB'ed the 18th for a level 72, stayed at 3 under and made the cut.
Round 3 started with a 7 at the first (fairway bunker, woeful chip and a 4 putt), 5 shots gone in 2 holes. Level for the rest of the round, 75 put me at even par after 3 rounds, joint 2nd last.
A certain Mr Woods is leading at 13 under.
Don't think I will be making that up in round 4!
smarshallt
Weekend Duffer

Post by smarshallt »

I have the same issue as you polslad..to the point that I'm practically giving up on this game unless I can find a solution. I too have absolutely no consistency with true swing. I'm on Win7 and use an optical mouse. Gets frustrating when you're having a good round, then can't even come close to a green on a par 3.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

It could be the optical mouse. I have noticed in testing WGC on different computers that optical mice do not pick up fast movements very well and are pretty much useless for that game. If you can, try upgrading to a laser mouse or downgrading to a ball mouse.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I've had a little success with moving the speed settings back to the original 3 clicks from slowest, the slowing my backswing down.
Getting near par now, and sometimes under.

How do I know if I have an optical or laser mouse?
I have 3 on my desk here, one that came with the PC 12 months ago, one very low range, and one that I got in Asda(Wallmart) for less than £10.
I guess I just answered my own question there!
smarshallt
Weekend Duffer

Post by smarshallt »

My mouse was labelled right on the bottom that it was an optical mouse so today I bought a Logitech M510 laser mouse (just searched online for laser mice and didn't want to spend too much). It seems to work much better for true swing. I think that may be the answer. :up:
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Glad that helped. :) The easiest way to tell is an optical mouse will give off light on the bottom from the LED where as with a laser mouse you will not see the light.