retiring from pga

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
spencer
Novice

Re: retiring from pga

Post by spencer »

Having received an e mail from Robert@, I of course crossed myself (even though I am not catholic) and counted my blessings. Robert I am hoping to continue to design but I am having trouble even playing off line. I reinstalled the game and its all there but when I select a course and try to tee off, my golfer falls down when I start my backswing. I understand that Polslad and Bryce both use Windows 7 and have no problems. If you two fellas are reading this please contact me at turnerspencer00@gmail.com or if you have Skype my user ID: is spencer443, Also, my phone is 304 216 1062(cell), Land line is 304 5994835 , Would like to hear from anyone who has any solutions . I worked with Dar all day yesterday and had no success. Spencer.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Spencer! I hope yoy read this and helps with your golfer falling down problem. I'm assuming you use the tru swing method. All computers and mouse are different. The standard fix for this problem is to go into your control panel and adjust your mouse pointer speed. Sometimes you have to move the pointer speed way down. It all depends on your computer. I've had some mouse's I seemed to struggle getting comfortable with and the one I got now is great. Its a slow opticale mouse and my pointer speed is set all the way up to fast. The ones I struggle with are the exact opposite. Fast mouse where the pointer speed needs ajusted way down seems to give me some problems with the swing but can be adjusted to a simular setting to what your used to but not exactly. Hope this helps solve your problem. Of course it could also be that if using vertical swing your game is set for horizontal or the opposite.
spencer
Novice

Post by spencer »

Steve, thanks so much for your help. I have tried all of the above and nothing works. However, I called the manufacturer of my new computer and they tell me I can run both Windows 7 and XP via a dual boot on my computer. I have the XP software in a box and am working with my local Computer store people to see if they agree and can do the set up for me. If it works I will let everyone know . Spencer.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Did you ever get it to work Spencer? I just installed the game on my Windows 8 laptop and had the same problem of not being able to make a swing without the player falling. For me it was because I have the Windows size display setting at “Larger - 150%” (I need this to read anything due to the high resolution but smaller screen size of the laptop). For some reason the game doesn't work with this setting. The fix is to run the game in the compatibility mode that will run it at the normal 100% size.

1. Right click on the PGA 2000 icon and select the compatibility tab.
2. Put a check mark next to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and click OK.

Now play the game and it should work.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Thanks Brian for the tip. I also have my screen set at 150 percent as it makes things eaiser to read for these tired old eyes. I will try what you suggest and let you know if it works.. Thanks, Spencer.