game play tutorial suggestion

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
noquieroarroz
Range Rookie

game play tutorial suggestion

Post by noquieroarroz »

going through the excellent game play tutorial that we have in the utilities folder, I thought that it's so good that it can put you off
I thought that it could we interesting to have a basic tutorial for those of us that just play at basic or standart levels
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: game play tutorial suggestion

Post by tincup »

noquieroarroz,

Like the name.... I think a literal translation from Spanish is " I don't want rice" lol.

Not sure what you have in mind. I wrote those tutorials and admit that some of the sections are a little intimidating, especially the ones on wind control and chipping.

My suggestion is that you not try to swallow the elephant whole. Take it a bit at a time. E.g., practice with loft until you feel comfortable with it before you move on to the next phase. There is a lot there, but it is not too bad if you take it in bite-sized chunks. Even the seasoned players I compete against don't use all that stuff and most of them are better than me.

I am going through the tutorials to update them to reflect the fact that we have a new site now.

Dar
noquieroarroz
Range Rookie

Post by noquieroarroz »

I was thinking of a sort of a quick start setup guide. Or an introduction to the game.
Mainly referring to the use of the arrows .
I saw in the tutorials that you say that shotting by feel can be inconsistent. In my experience, it’s disappointing.
But, unfortunately, the game help file doesn’t have useful instructions on how to use them,
So I guessed it could help people who are new to the game
Just my two cents
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Probably the best way to learn the mechanics of the game is to go a practice course and just try things. The tutorials are only guidelines and reference material. Where you really learn the game is on the course.

One nice practice course for experimenting is Diguelos Target Practice V2. The course is flat and has lines down the center of the fairway so you can see how close you are hitting to center. There are also bullseye rings around the holes at 2,4,6,and 8 feet. You can see how close you are getting on your approach shots.

For practice and learning how clubs behave, I recommend the following:
-Set conditions to Average/normal/still initially
-Read a tutorial section (e.g., Loft)
-Try your own settings and see what happens

Then, add some wind... set to Average/normal/breezy
Try some shots again.

As with real golf, there is work in developing and refining skills in this game. It does take time and a lot of practice.

Dar