The Bethpage Black course in this game is BRUTAL!

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: The Bethpage Black course in this game is BRUTAL!

Post by SteveHorn »

Played THE BARCLEYS about 2 weeks ago and I did it again. This time in round 3 I shot another 62 at Bethpage Black. Never thought I'd ever go that low again like last season on this course. But the other 3 rounds combinded I was -2 and finished tied for 23rd or something like that.
JaxDuffer
Chronic Slicer

Post by JaxDuffer »

62...seriously. I have almost made the turn at 62 before. You people are so much better than me. No wonder I never played in any of those online tourneys. :D
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Jax,

If I could play online I would choose you as my partner - I think we would have a great time of fun . . . or at least a long round with fun in it :laugh:
I might take a day off from work and go celebrate if I ever shoot a 62 on the advanced level at Bethpage Black - seriously!
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

I shot 76 there last night, from the blacks, on long/normal/strong. Some of those par 4's, like 15, are unreachable in two if the wind is 25 and in your face. I played pretty well, though. Most of those strokes came in holes 10-12. That stretch is brutal no matter what conditions you play. Still, I'm pleased with reaching 13 in two from the blacks!
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.