Blake Valley Golf Course by Craig Johnston

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Blake Valley Golf Course by Craig Johnston

Post by Polslad »

From the course notes:

"Blake Valley Golf Course is a fictional Golf Course, based in the Avon Valley National Park in Western Australia.
Par for the course is 71, with varying holes featuring doglegs and straight holes. Some holes are played over small ravines, and others are played alongside the vineyards and olive groves at the bottom of the valley. Large undulating greens are a feature, along with wide open fairways.
The course is surrounded by local flora and you will hear the sounds of the local birds as you make your way around the course. The rough areas are all made up of long grasses, grass trees, eucalypt’s and granite rocks. There is no water on the course, with the greens and landing areas protected by bunkering only."

What can I say, it does exactly as it says on the tin.
The course offers a selection of holes, left right doglegs, uphill/downhill shots etc.
All very well done, the fairways and greens provided constant contouring and mounding, all expertely smoothed, which provides the courses defence. I imagine some of those greens would be tricky on drier settings. The layout has a slight 'links' feel to it, but is different enough to have its own character.
I never noticed the lack of water until I re-read the notes, but I did notice the mentioned vineyards.
That has got to be a first for this game.
Another excellent release.
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Re: Blake Valley Golf Course by Craig Johnston

Post by Craigus10 »

Thanks for the kind comments on the course, especially from someone of your calibre with the architect program. I'm glad that you enjoyed the course.