Torrey Pines

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Torrey Pines

Post by stillgolfing »

I just finished playing Torrey Pines by Dale Somerfelt, WOW! Talk about hitting the nail on the head. Stumbled on it when I was looking for The Ocean Course at Kiawa Island to play on Links 2003 and PGA2000 concurrently. Couldn't find it here, but under the "T's" I saw Torrey Pines which I new I had in Links. So I thought I would download it and check it out.
Other than the cardboard looking booths that surround the greens (something I assume the designer has no control over as they appear to be standard fair on many courses) this is by far the best and most realistic course I have played to date. Hopefully, the other designers here are aware of this designers great artistic/design abilities and are trying their best to emulate his technique. I am rating this six stars out of five because I have previously (casually) commented on a few other courses where I thought they deserved five out of five. That's the problem with coming late to the party, you start playing recommended courses and wonder why so many are so awfull and then accidentally stumble across jems like this. Still, it's an adventure only newbies can experience and appreciate (261 courses down only 1,640 to go) . To paraphrase Madonna "So many courses; so little time!" :bg:
Cheers Dave
P.S. "What do I know? I am but a poor corrupt government official." :confused:
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing