2011 PGA TOUR

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

2011 PGA TOUR

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Hubs at work, kids/grandkids are with the other half of their family, so I decided to do something useful and put together the 2011 PGA Tour for our offline season players. I just e-mailed it to Dar so it should be posted in the next day or so.

Just a few notes.

1. I included all the events between Jan. 6, 2011's opener in Hawaii through the Tour Championship on Sep. 22. All you need do is unzip the file and place it in your Sierra SEASON folder and it's set to play.
2. As often as possible I used the "real courses" we have available, which was just over half the courses used.
3. Each tournament is listed under the sponsored name and released purse value.
4. I couldn't include the Accuture Match Play Tourney for obvious reasons. On a couple of dates there are 2 tournaments scheduled, one a "big" or major event, the other a small change affair for the losers who aren't good enough to play for the big money (just kidding.) You can play either or both as you wish.
5. When a "real course" wasn't available I tried to choose a challenging course I was familiar with that IMO fit into the location of the actual event. Since I did this both for my own use and to share here, I have to admit my prejudice in selecting a few of my/our own courses. Of course you're free to edit courses and conditions to suit your own taste. Generally 3 of 4 rounds are pretty tough, with a break on the 4th one. :bg: Remember to make your edit before starting the first round, otherwise you're stuck with my choice!
6. There's a cut after each second round; I've been using the 2007 tour players and a standard minimum 56 players making the cut so that's what I used here. Again, edit to taste.
7. Remember that if I've used a course that you don't have installed, it'll show up on your tournament screen but you'll get a "course not available" warning.

I think that's it. Probably most of you have used season play but if you haven't and have some question, just let me know. I hope you enjoy it.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: 2011 PGA TOUR

Post by bryce »

Awesome Indy! I was going to do this after my contest course was finished, but you beat me to it. I may do a players list or something in the next few weeks.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

That would be great Daron. When I did the list in '07 I found a site that had separate page for each player up to the top 140 money winners IIRC. I haven't seen a similar one since.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

I have uploaded the 2011 pro schedule to the server. All that remains is for Brian to run a program to make it available. It should be there soon.

Dar
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Indy Anna Jones wrote:That would be great Daron. When I did the list in '07 I found a site that had separate page for each player up to the top 140 money winners IIRC. I haven't seen a similar one since.
Indy,
Maybe this site could help http://www.databasegolf.com/stats/statlist.htm It only has data through 2009, but that should be pretty good for certain stats.

Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I may do a PGA Tour list and a European Tour list. I wonder if I put Alvaro Quiros's driving distance as 350 yards, if he will actually hit it that far??

I'll do it in a couple of weeks.

Doron
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Dar, I found a good site, but printing is a real beech. I tried to c&p but came up with a bunch of links, and for each page of players and info (probably 10-12) there's 6 pages of junk and I don't know how to edit it out. I'll check the page you gave me.

Bryce, the maximum distance is 300. I noticed while looking up stats yesterday that there are 12 players who averaged over 300 last year (315 was highest.) I'm getting old. I can remember John Daly's 300 yarder awing people, and can remember what a big deal William "The Refrigerator" Perry was at 320 pounds when he joined the Bears in '85. Now he'd be an average size offensive lineman. Steroids anyone? (Not pointed at golfers.)
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Indy Anna Jones wrote: Bryce, the maximum distance is 300. I noticed while looking up stats yesterday that there are 12 players who averaged over 300 last year (315 was highest.) golfers.)
I guess I will prorate!

I'm in my 30's, but remember the Fridge, John Daly's PGA Championship and the last days of wooden club heads and the awful sound they made. Things sure have changed in the last 25 years.
Robert@
Shotmaker

Post by Robert@ »

Sorry Bryce I have to disagree...I love the sound of real wooden club heads. Early morning,on a wooded course hearing that crisp wack of a persimmon wood driver echo through the trees was music to my ears. The ping of the metal heads just isnt the same.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Robert@ wrote:I love the sound of real wooden club heads. Early morning,on a wooded course hearing that crisp wack of a persimmon wood driver echo through the trees was music to my ears. The ping of the metal heads just isnt the same.
I still play with real woods on the golf course. I have a wooden 3 wood and 5 wood and a metal driver. Used to have a wooden driver too but I cracked it against a tree trunk :bg: The strange thing is my dad uses the modern equipment - titaniums and hybrids and I use the old stuff primarily (Can we say Spalding?!) when we go out together to play. I don't know about the sound though - with a metal wood I can tell when I hit the sweet spot right away; with the persimmon it is more of a feel thing. I guess it is kind of like aluminum or pine in baseball - I hate the aluminum sound for probably the same reason you do not enjoy the metal ping of the driver :)