Robert Wagers

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Robert Wagers

Post by hookster »

I recieved another email from Brenda this morning and here is what she has so far on Bob.

Here is the progress from the old post until now. We might as well just keep one post going.

July 31 - Arrived in Nashville
August 1 - tests started before transplant can begin
August 10 - admitted to the hospital for transplant
August 12-- started chemo
August 18 - Robert's sister's stem cells are harvested and ready for transplant
August 19 - Transplant date
August 22 - doing good right now, no side affects
August 24 - having platelet transfusion and felt dizzy and passed out. Doing better now.
September 2 - Good News: The medical team came through this morning..The "Chief Transplant Dr." told me that my transplant is engrafting as planned." My bloodcounts went up last night on their own (without any transfusion). This is the sign they are looking for!
September 9 - was released from hospital and now staying in the apartment complex near the hospital.

Today, September 15th, I talked with Andrea on the phone. She talks with Robert every day and he is in very good spirits. She said that he goes to the hospital about 5 of the 7 days to have test and make sure all is well. She has not made the trip to Nashville but keep in constant contact with Robert's mother.on doctor updates.

Andrea ask that you keep Robert in your prayers.

Will update again in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Dave.
Bren
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Robert Wagers

Post by SteveHorn »

hookster! Thanks for keeping us up to date on Wagers. It looks like things are going real well to date. Lets pray that it continues this way. :up:
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Good news is always welcome! I'm glad things are coming along so well. :up:
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

Hi everyone!
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers! They are very much appreciated!
I have reached a "major" benchmark (30-days post transplant) and haven't had any "major" complications so far, just a bunch of "minor" ones. But, I am doing very well so far!
I am very fortunate that my sister was my donor. I see people whom had transplants from unrelated donors and they are not doing so well. They have 13 different categories they use for matches and my sister and I were a "perfect" match in all 13 categories. The Doctors told us that this is pretty rare! There is one poor man that had 5 brothers and sisters tested and none of them were matches. He had to have a "MUD" (matched unrelated donor) transplant and he's having the hardest time. I feel so sorry for him!
The worst is behind me and I am feeling pretty good! I am still taking a whole lot of anti-rejection drugs and I will have to be on them for about a year. It's hard for me to update because I have to use my cellphone. So, Brenda can call Andrea anytime and get updates.
That's all for now.
Your pal,
Robert D. Wagers
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Fantastic news Bob. It sounds like everything you could have hoped for is happening. I am so happy for you and your family. How long before you get to go home?

Dar
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

great news, Wage
Hope it continues to always be good. :bg:
Stan
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

It is so encouraging to hear about the way things are working out thus far. You know we are all pulling for you!!!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Wagers! Keep your fingers crossed and maybe your progress will be so good they will release you to go home in time for the holidays. What a great christmas that would be
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

Hi Guys,
I have reached "T+30." (30-days after transplant)
I have to remain in Nashville until T+100.
I am doing Very Well so far! In fact, some of the nurses have said that I am "cruising through it!"
I am borrowing someone else's laptop, so my time is limited.

Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes!

Robert D. Wagers
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Great to hear from you Wage. Hope things continue to go as well as they have so far.