Season Play Results

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: Season Play Results

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Dave, Season mode is a game option that allows you to play a full season under tournament conditions against AI players or anyone else sharing your computer (unfortunately they didn't set it up so you could play against other online opponents.

You can start whenever you want, play as many events as you like, as many rounds per event, whatever course you want to play.

Myself and others have created lists of "real pros" over the decade; you can find these in the utilities section. There are "all stars" from the 40s and 50s, contemporary players from around 2000, and I made a list this year based on 2010 statistics and most of the top 125 players (I couldn't find stats on a couple of them.) To utilize these, download the files to desktop or another designated file. Unzip. Drop the player folder into your Sierra ->PGA-> Player folder. Drop the season file into the PGA -> Seasons folder.

Now when you start your game in the "available list" window you should find "x" players and "L" (small case) under type. Double clicking this will move the entire list over to your "selected list" window. "Tee off" will bring you to another window that allows you to arrange your lineup as you desire: 2-3-4-more players in a group; random selection, etc. Now you're ready to head out to the course.

For season play, clicking on "season play" brings up your season menu. Here you can play, create your own schedule, edit the current schedule or even delete it. You can delete individual events, play 3 rounds per tourney instead of 4, cut/no cut/change the number to be cut, etc. You can find the information you need on your game screen by clicking on the "help" button then selecting " season" from the index.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Judy;
Thanks for the info. It isn't clear to me, in your explanation, what courses are used in the downloaded season. I'm assuming I would need to have them on my PC. So do I call up the season and get a courses played list and then I need to go and download the ones I don't have? It appears from the thread that you are trying to concurrently play the PGA tour schedule. Hence as a Newbie I might only have say 2 of the required 35 or so courses.
Cheers, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
Robert@
Shotmaker

Post by Robert@ »

Dave you can use any courses you want for a season..2 courses or 30 courses,you can create it at will. Give it a try! Others here try to mimick the pga tour but it is not a requirement.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Here's the courses I used for the 2011 season, but as Robert said, you can edit the list and use any courses you choose, or you can download my list. If you don't have the course listed when you try to open the game, it'll tell you the course isn't available. Also be aware that you can't quite during a round without being "dq'd" and in some cases it might tie up that particular tourney so that you can't advance any further. This is in chronological order:
1. Kauai's Kekaha (we don't have the Kapalua course so I picked a Hawaiian course I like to play and find challenging; these will be marked as "pmo" [picked my own choice]); 2. Waialae CC; 3. PGA West; 4. Torrey Pines; 5. TPC Scottsdale;
6. Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill and Poppy Hills; 7. Riviera CC; 8. Bayview Hills Resort (this runs concurrent with the Accenture Matchplay championship which is something you'll have to do on your own if you so desire); 9. PGA National; 10. Doral
11. Innisbrook; 12. Bay Hill (Somerfelt version); 13. Alice Boge's Garden (pmo); 14. Augusta Nat'l 2005 version; 15. Desierto de Tejas (pmo);
16. Harbour Town; 17. English Turn (pmo); 18. Quail Hollow v2; 19. TPC Sawgrass Stadium version; 20. Colonial CC;
21. TPC Los Colinas (pmo); 22. Muirfield Village Tournament version; 23. TPC Southwind; 24. Congressional; 25. TPC River Highlands;
26. Forest Highlands (pmo); 27. Carolindi Forest (pmo but modeled on the actual course); 28. TPC Egg Harbor (pmo); 29. Royal St. George; 30. Leverette Mtn (pmo)
31. Greenbrier Resort (pmo); 32. Firestone CC; 33. CGA Cherokee Run (pmo); 34. Towne Harbor (pmo); 35. Fabita Bay (pmo);
36. Boston Hills (pmo); 37. Arcadia Bluffs (pmo); 38. Eagle's Cry (pmo)

As you can tell, we have the "real" courses for most of the first half of the season but not the second half. I picked courses that I like to play or that are in the vicinity of the actual tournament if possible. Feel free to edit your season any way you want; conditions, courses... it's yours to do with as you please. We're not actually competing against each other here but against the courses and the AI in a structured environment. What's fun though is that the computer keeps track of playing stats and it's kind of cool knowing where you stand vs "the tour."
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

U.S. Open. 72nd hole. Quite please! Sergio Garcia needs to make this 6 footer to force a playoff and a chance for his 1st Major victory. OH NO he misses :eek: . What, are you kidding me the winner is once again Jason Day. After winning The Masters 2 months ago he wins another Major again. This was his 1st top 10 finish since The Masters. Poor Sergio! Had a 3 stroke lead after 3 rounds. He finished tied for 2nd with Anthony Kim. Dustin Johnson once again places in the top 10 finishing 4th. Paul Casey, Marc Lieshman and Oliver Wilson tied for 5th.
Me you wonder! I had a workman like opening round 72 (15 pars, 1birdie, 1 bogey & a double).
I missed a short putt with a big break on that double. I felt I played better then I scored in round 1. I had alot of 15 to 20 click breaking putts and a couple that were more then that. Once again I had distance control problems with my approach shots. Not as bad as last week but still not good. My caddie was no help as far as club selection. At the start of round 2 I was optimistic that I could score well enough to make the cut. Unfortunatly I hit a couple of bad drives into the thick stuff and blocked by trees which cost me then on #5 I had that dang unfair pin postion again that cost me. I pretty much knew after the double on #5 it was over and I just went through the motions the rest of the round and shot 76. Another missed cut :/

Heres a scouting report for those who still have to play The U.S. Open at Congressional. Most holes have trees that will block you if hit into the rough. About 12 of the holes have tough pins with lots of break. Best chances for birdie are the opening hole #1 and the closing holes of 16 thru 18. Theirs a couple others that you may get a good chance at if the pins are in a good spot. The other holes require a great approach in the correct area of the green. Many of the holes not already mentioned have some wicked pin positions. Don't do to much flag hunting on these holes. Place it where you need to get your par and move on. The light rough and rough is playable. The MD rough and DP rough is pretty tough to advance for much distance. BEWARE #5 had an unfair pin both rounds for me. It sat about 3 or 4 feet from the top of a large mounded slope that went down about 3 feet. Any putt not directly going up the slope if you miss your S.O.L. You'll be lucky if it stops inside 25 feet for your next putt (unless the greens are moist or wet)
Here's the list of leaders in points and dollars won thru The U.S. Open. There is 3 ways to qualify for the season ending World Championship tournament.
1. Top 20 in points for the season
2. Top 15 in dollars won for season
3. Win a Major or win an elite & at least 1 other tournament or win any 3 tournaments.

NAME POINTS NAME DOLLARS WON
1. Jason Day 63 1. Jason Day $5,032,496
2. Dustin Johnson 63 2. Steve Horn $4,563,521
3. Matt Kuchar 57 3. Matt Kuchar $4,467,363
4. Steve Horn 50 4. Dustin Johnson $4,392,643
5. Steve Stricker 44 5. Steve Stricker $3,082,887
6. Bill Haas 43 6. Charl Schwartzel $2,650,603
7. Marc Lieshman 35 7. Bill Haas $2,386,917
8T. Anthony Kim 33 8. Charlie Wi $2,262,965
8T. Earl Edwards 33 9. Rory McIlroy $2,113,344
10. Charl Schwartzel 32 10. Alvaro Quiros $2,086,762
11. Jim Furyk 30 11. Ryan Palmer $1,999,819
12T. Paul Casey 24 12. Earl Edwards $1,979,426
12T.Thongchai Jaidee 24 13. Jim Furyk $1,976,929
14T. Ben Crane 22 14. Anthony Kim $1,944,650
14T. Lee Westwood 22 15. Steve Guest $1,936,000
14T. Steve Guest 22 16. Thongchai Jaidee $1,913,596
17. Steve Elkington 21 17. Marc Lieshman $1,869,025
18T. Alvaro Quiros 20 18. Edorado Molinari $1,768,741
18T. Charlie Wi 20 19. Alexander Noren $1,683,223
18T.David Toms 20 20. Steve Elkington $1,664,355
21. Hunter Mahan 19 21. Henrik Stenson $1,626,050
22T. Graeme McDowell 18 22. Bob Estes $1,623,856
22T. Louis Oosthuizen 18 23. Lee Westwood $1,578,911
22T. Rory McIlroy 18 24. Ben Crane $1,548,247
22T.Scott McCarren 18 25. Paul Casey $1,459,312

Next up its off to Germany and the BMW International Open. This will be played at Gut Kaden.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Just finished up the Players Championship and getting ready to watch the real one's 4th round. Another easy victory, my 5th tour win of the season. I played the first two rounds on Chris's version (which has always eaten me up) and the final two on Dale's. I played the first round on strong and wet and the final 3 with gusty and dry (x2) or VD (x1.) 4 bogies (1 quad when I dumped 3 balls in the water on 18... shameful) and a lot of birdies and 3 eagles for a final score of -32. My putter was red hot and I was hitting the right spots on the green apparently as I had very few downhill and not many sidehills. Chris' Sawgrass has always eaten me up until this time. My putting average is down to 1.38 and for the first time in as long as I can remember I've got par 3s, 4s and 5s all below par. Now if I can get my GIRs up above 65% I'll be happy (currently 60.8%.)

I've made it a practice to not play with any of the top 10 in the current tournament, and it was weird following them as the front runner (or 2d place after the second round) would have a great round then either fall down the next round or someone else would be smoking. Bohn was -15 and 3 behind me at the cut and finished -15 after shooting -11 on Friday. Weird game.

The rest of the Player's Top 10:
2. Jonathon Byrd (-19)
T3. Dustin Johnson, Kevin Stadler (-18)
5. John Sendin (-17)
T6. Pat Perez, Brendon de Jonge, Fredrick Jacobsen, Shaun O'Hair, Heath Slocum, Jerry Kelly, Charley Hoffman, Tim Clark (-16)

The only change in the top 10 money winners is Jonathon Byrd. His second place $1.2M jumped him from 18th to 7th position, knocking Riyuji Imada back to 11th. Next stop the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial CC, Ft Worth, TX.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Judy! YOUR SMOKIN HOT . I'd be suprised if you don't win at Colonial.(Did I say that wrong :bg: )
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I've never seen this before.....I'm playing Colonial right now, and after 2 rounds Adam Scott has a 6 shot lead at -14. I've never seen a pc golfer have that big of a lead after 2 rounds. Has anyone else ever seen something like this with a pc player?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! Yeah I've seen it before but its rare. Can't remember who or how long ago now though.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

OK, after Adam Scott took a 6 shot lead into the weekend, he took a 5 shot lead into the final round at -15 (I was in a tie for 4th at -9). After shooting -2 on the front to get to -11, I kept a close look at the leaderboard. Scott had dropped to -14, and Bubba and myself had started to chase him down! I really grinded it out on the back 9 and made 5 birdies to shoot a back 9 of 30. I shot 63 for the round (my season best) to end up with this:

1. Doron Cook -16
2. Adam Scott -15
2. Bubba Watson - 15

I have to say it is my best PGA 2000 tournament EVER for me! I really needed a win too, since I haven't even had a top 5 finish this season. I'm now #39 on the money list, and have high hopes of playing in the Tour Championship now!

Since I've gotten this mouse about 6 months ago, I've pretty much been strictly tri-click, and it has been really hard to keep up with these tour guys. I am quite enjoying the continuous struggle every week though!