Season Play Results

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
JaxDuffer
Chronic Slicer

Re: Season Play Results

Post by JaxDuffer »

I haven't posted in awhile as I was missing cuts like mad. 6 in a row.

So, for one of the tourneys where I didn't have the course mentioned, I put in a course I knew I could do well on (The Granite Course at the Foothills). Shot -11 in the first round and then held on to win by 4 strokes. Yes, I know I cheated but it was getting so frustrating missing cuts.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

JaxDuffer! Hey I know I play alot of tough courses so an easier one now and then can be a big relief. I do have a few rules as far as yardage and par minimums for that yardage but other then that most anything goes.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

This was a kind of frustrating week for me also. I played Quail Hollow with my pard on Tuesday; on L/D/G I shot -9 so felt pretty good about the tourney. My ancient bugaboo in PGA2K continues to haunt me: erratic approaches. I hit over 80% of fairways, my putting avg. is 1.39, but GIR is only 60.4%. A couple of double bogies and not enough birds so I ended up missing the cut (-3) by 2 strokes. Joe Durant has his second win of the season (first on the "main tour" having won one of the "no cut" events). He won by 3 strokes with a -22. The AI side of the event was nice for a change. I played Thursday with Ryan Moore who actually shot -5 (Friday was the more typical +3) and ended up at T12 -16. The rest of the T10:

2. Bubba Watson -19
T3. Webb Simpson, Chad Collins, Dean Wilson, Paul Casey -18
T7. Hunter Mahan, Robert Allenby, Retief Goosen, Chris Couch, Pat Perez.

Retief is the most interesting player on the tour IMO. He's #5 on the money list (1 of 2 top 10 w/o a win) and 3 T10 finishes, all T2s.

This week Sawgrass and the Players Championship. I'm still undecided about whether to use the old or new version; both have really good qualities but I honestly like the looks of Chris's version better.

Jax, feel free to play whatever you want. The goal is to have fun, IMO. The "non-official" courses are the ones I personally enjoy playing and generally do well on but that doesn't mean they're right for you. Actually this is the first year ever I've played (so far) the complete schedule on the available courses... it's been good and bad (I have 8 MCs.)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I've made my final cut of courses that are under consideration as the host courses for my World Championship. I"ve decided to let the community help decide which 2 courses should host for this season. I will list them 1 thru 5 (NO PRETICULAR ORDER). Your vote counts. I will break any ties.

1. Tomahawk Run & The Platinum Course at Stoney Hills
2. TPC White Sands & Grand Harbor Links
3. Stone Pony & Wookey Hollow
4. Cliffs Course at Mosteller Island & Stranglehold
5. Oakmont & TPC Waterloo - Euclid

TWO RESPONSES IN 8 DAYS. IS THAT THE BEST WE CAN DO
Thanks to Jax and Sandwedge for your votes.
Last edited by SteveHorn on May 18th, 2011, 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
JaxDuffer
Chronic Slicer

Post by JaxDuffer »

SteveHorn wrote:I've made my final cut of courses that are under consideration as the host courses for my World Championship. I"ve decided to let the community help decide which 2 courses should host for this season. I will list them 1 thru 5 (NO PRETICULAR ORDER). Your vote counts. I will break any ties.

1. Tomahawk Run & The Platinum Course at Stoney Hills
2. TPC White Sands & Grand Harbor Links
3. Stone Pony & Wookey Hollow
4. Cliffs Course at Mosteller Island & Stranglehold
5. Oakmont & TPC Waterloo - Euclid
It is really hard to know what to recommend without knowing what you are going for. I think for a championship 2 or 5 seems appropriate.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Judy,

I like the old version of TPC at Sawgrass - Chris Anderson really did a great job with it.

Steve,

I vote for Oakmont and TPC Waterloo as your final 2 options.

Jax,

Congrats on the win - I don't think you cheated at all - you still had to post the number! :)

Following this thread with interest.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

As a number of you know I'm a Newbie here. Can someone please explain to me what this thread is about?
Thanks, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

There are a few of us who play the Season mode and this is a thread for us to share our experiences and post our results, and a place for anyone who wants to comment on it.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Judy, thanks for the info. Are Newbies welcome to join anytime or is this something you have to know about at the beginning of a year? Right now, quite often, I can't complete a round, but I thought if the playability issues get worked out and "standard" players are allowed, I would give it a try.
Cheers, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
Robert@
Shotmaker

Post by Robert@ »

Anyone can play in season mode.