WorldSwing World Tour 23-24/Recorded Rounds with Tarheel

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: WorldSwing World Tour 23-24/Recorded Rounds with Tarheel

Post by tarheel »

WorldSwing Week 35
First Weekly Venue
TPC Harold's Glenn

Where are we?
Little Rock, Arkansas

Robert Wagers, in January 2000 gave to us a very nice parkland fictional course from his locale in Little Rock, Arkansas. TPC Harold's Glenn is a very playable course which features (in his words) 'rolling fairways, blind shots, and greens full of undulation'

Pin placements here range from easy to very difficult, and this week we used pin 1 (Easy) twice, but mainly because the winds were picking up. You will need to come back another time and try it on the difficult pins. Pin 1 promises really pleasing scores. As promised, you definitely will hear neighborhood noises from the surrounding golf community, and you will want to go ahead and get some dog treats to appease the local guardians.

This one is 6807 par 71, and I think the highlight are the interesting variety of holes, particularly the shorter ones which demand accurate use of slopes near the greens to feed the ball to the hole.

In the notes, he mentions Matt (9), Zach (4) and his wife Andrea and I get such nostalgia when I think this was 24 years ago that he made this course and wrote this. So now, his children are 33 and 28 and he likely in his 60's and I find myself thinking where does the time go?!?? What are his wonderful kids doing professionally now? Do they have kids that they sit on the PS4 or 5 and play golf with? I would so love to get an update.

My girls are now 18 and 22 and both graduating (college and high school), but I still remember playing JN6 with my older daughter sitting in my lap and telling me that I just need to put the ball in the hole off the tee.

(Update: I did a quick google search just to see if I could get in touch with him, and sadly we lost Mr. Wagers in 2012, having died at age 42 yo, leaving behind his wife, two sons, and a daughter. And this from the obit "Robert was a 1988 graduate of Buckeye High School in Deville, Louisiana. He served in the U.S. Army in the military police unit with several assignments including a tour in Korea. He was in sales and serviced many restaurants, nursing homes, hospitals, and other facilities by assisting with cleaning and chemical needs. Robert was blessed with the ability to sing. He was an amateur artist and musician. Robert loved to play golf, which his sons now continue to do. Growing up in Louisiana, he loved his LSU fighting tigers. He was a southern Baptist and claimed Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.")

My prayers and thanks for our time together today Robert!

PLAY INFORMATION

CONDITIONS :thumbsup:
Round 1: Mild - normal - pin 1
Round 2: Strong - soft - pin 1 - 30 Fog

No gimmes (recommended)
No mulligans (recommended)
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter
I am playing each round once and taking what I get

-------> https://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/f ... s_Glen.zip

:golf:
Tarheel’s current hcp: 10
Tarheel's .round files Image
Number 11, which looks nice from front and reverse view, par 3, 208 yards

Number 17, a really short par 4, where you need to direct the ball over the trees and catch the slope to your left going into the green to feed it into the cradle

A nice par 5, number 3, 549 yards. Here we see the third shot going into the green

Return to season schedule: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/forum/v ... 217#p13217
Attachments
littlerock.jpg
(54.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
haroldglen_splash.jpg
(23.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
haroldglen-11_208_fromgreen_par3.jpg
(204.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
haroldglen-305-17-tee-short.jpg
(222.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
haroldglen-549_3_third.jpg
(231.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

WorldSwing Week 35
Second Weekly Venue
Point Vincent GC

Where are we?
Door County, WI

I'm back! It was a long weekend packing up several years worth of accumulated odds and ends filling my daughter's apartment from college and we got her stuff 6 hours by car back close to home at last, for this graduate. Couple months from now get to take her 21 hours away for grad school. whew!

Okay, so I played Point Vincent Golf Club, a 1999 release from Matt Rose, whom you might remember created Squaw Peak that we played a few weeks ago. This is another success for the designer. It really does look great, and quite different from the previous course. He lets us know this is his fourth overall design, and sadly, maybe was his last design :(

This course is fictional, forested, par 72, 7062 yards. In mild and medium winds, it was not difficult, but I suspect teeth will show in Strong winds. The par 5's pretty much are begging you to go for it, so don't hold back.

This week in Wisconsin sets the stage for our next few weeks in Canada!

PLAY INFORMATION

Round 1: Medium - normal - pin 2
Round 2: Mild - soft - pin 5

No gimmes (recommended)
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> https://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/f ... ent_gc.zip

Tarheel's .round files
Number 15, 203 yards long iron par 3

Second shot on the fifth, 517 yards. This is a go for it hole.

Hole 16, very short par 4 with a golfer missing to the left and trying to get in to the green. 307 yards from the tee.

Return to season schedule: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/forum/v ... 217#p13217
Attachments
wisconsin.jpg
(34.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
point_vincent-splash.jpg
(20.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
point_vincent-hole15_203_tee.jpg
(259.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
point_vincent-hole5_517_second_risk.jpg
(206.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
point_vincent-hole16_307y_par4_missedtarget.jpg
(272.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

This is a very nice looking course!!
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

WorldSwing Week 36
First Weekly Venue
Mimico Trail

Where are we?
Near the Toronto airport

After being really busy with family stuff last weekend/week, we enjoyed a couple of days without power here in Charlotte area due to really bad winds/storms, which left me without the ability to keep on tour!

So here we are again, with a trip from Wisconsin over to the Toronto airport area to begin the WS tour of Canada. This first course is the design of Bruce Horne, who used to run the website True North Golf (which I remember!). This is his only contribution I know of for JN golf, and its a fun little challenge. Mimico Trail is a woodland, par 71 6960 yard challenge you will enjoy.

Strong advice is to be accurate with your drives, because landing off the fairway creates difficulty you don't want. Also, take care with your club selection from the tee.

PLAY INFORMATION

Round 1: Medium - normal - pin 3
Round 2: Mild - hard - pin 4

No gimmes (recommended)
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> https://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/f ... _trail.zip

Tarheel's .round files
191 yard, par 3, number 7

Number 2 seen with an approach shot into the 359 yard par 4

Long par 6, 592 yards number 2. You can take a a risk and try to land a forced carry over water, or play a safe third from the fairway

Attachments
toronto.jpg
(85.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mimico_trail-splash.jpg
(26.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mimico_trail-hole7_191yds.jpg
(256.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mimico_trail-hole2_359_approach.jpg
(226.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mimico_trail-hole5_592_fromgreen_secondrisk.jpg
(201.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

WorldSwing Week 36
PGA Signature Event
The Wells Fargo: Quail Hollow

I really enjoy playing Terry Armstrong's Quail Hollow Course 2007 release. Its par 72, 7442 yards and for the time was really well presented for a real course. A decade after he made the course, some substantial changes on the front nine changed the layout of several holes, so we are playing now a little bit of a time warp course.

In the real world, here on day 3, Schauffle and McIlroy are having a go at it, and day 4 should be exciting.

We had some real wet and windy weather a couple of days ago, so I decided that I would play in that for this round ;)

PLAY INFORMATION

ONE ROUND: Strong - Soft - pin 2

No gimmes (recommended)
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> https://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/f ... strong.zip

Tarheel's .round files
I have walked this course many times and this hole really looks spot on! The par 3 number 13, 201 yds

Approach shot on number 4, par 4. I think this is one of the holes which were changed. It might be a par 3 redesigned hole now.

Number 14, almost driveable 347 yards. This golfer is off to the right, a common place to end up in the real world and in JN6.

Attachments
quail_hollow-splash.jpg
(18.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
quail_hollow-par3_13_201yds.jpg
(188.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
quail_hollow-par4_hole4_approach.jpg
(198.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
quail_hollow-par4_14_347_approach.jpg
(241.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

WorldSwing Week 36
Second Weekly Venue
Banff Springs Golf Club

Where are we?
Banff Natl' Park, Alberta, CA

Thank you Mr Armstrong! I'm ever so glad that Terry gave us this beautiful real course back in 2001. Banff Golf Club was established in 1911, designed by Stanley Thompson and is a beautiful course that makes a top choice for a lifetime visit for quite a few golfers. Terry captures it wonderfully and your visit should allow time with nature and the many animals you will see. If you've never played this one, join the tour and get your butt out there!

I'm a little late, but this course was for last weeks event.

PLAY INFORMATION

Round 1: Mild - normal - pin 3
Round 2: Medium - normal - pin 4

No gimmes (recommended)
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> https://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/f ... prings.zip

Tarheel's .round files
Gorgeous drop shot to the green of number 4, 171 yards

A view to the resort on number 14 coming in to the green. Par 4, 429 yds

Chipping to the green on number 11, par 4 398 yard

Attachments
banff.jpg
(62.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
banff_splash.jpg
(24.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
banff_4_171yds_par3hill.jpg
(309.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
banff-Hole14_429yds_hotel.jpg
(255.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
banff-hole11_398yds_chipneargreen.jpg
(252.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

WorldSwing Week 37
First Weekly Venue
Strathoy's Bear Creek (TE)

Where are we?
Ontario, CA, sw of Toronto

Strathoy's Bear Creek is a real course in Ontario midway between Detroit and Toronto. Its a semi-private golf course with reasonable membership rates and green fees. Lorne Attenborough designed this version in Sept 2002. He is a designer worth getting to know with such other great designs to his name:
Dragon's Tail
East Rim
Arizona Meadows
Marshdowns of Easter Island

Just to name a few...

This one has tight fairways, and some tough in the face winds on many holes. However, you are presented plenty of par 5's on this par 71 6960 yard course to give you a chance to rip at it. Eagles can be spotted, but you better be accurate on the power!

Really fun round on a course I hadn't played until today :)

PLAY INFORMATION

Round 1: Medium - hard - pin 1
Round 2: Medium - normal - pin 4

No gimmes (recommended)
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> https://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/f ... _Creek.zip

Tarheel's .round files
One of quite a few tight little doglegs. This one to the right from the tee, number 15, 380 yards

Number 8, one of the par 5's, 570 yards, seen from the green back to a second shot

Par 3, 180 with a golfer missing right and chipping back on

Attachments
Strathoy_CA.jpg
(90.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Strathoy_bear_creek-splash.jpg
(26.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Strathoy_bear_creek-15_380_4_doglegright.jpg
(256.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Strathoy_bear_creek-8_570_2nd_5_green.jpg
(212.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Strathoy_bear_creek-3_180_chip.jpg
(197.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet