Old Timers Competition 2024

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Galen_Golf4676
Scratch Golfer

Re: Old Timers Competition 2024

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Final round at Angel River. The putting woes continue. Generally happy with my approach shots but the hard greens negated them for the most part.
Attachments
Angel River Golf Club - Galen_Rnd4.round
(27.26 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched Galen's final round and I think he summed it up pretty well. He proved again it is a game of inches, with putts and chips skimming the edge of the hole nearly the whole way round. This could have easily been half a dozen shots better. Hang in there Galen, they have to start dropping soon mate! :up:

Cheers

Brad
RandyG
Scratch Golfer

Post by RandyG »

Round 4 Angel River

A couple or three mistakes cost me this round!
Attachments
Angel River Golf Club - Randy Rd4.round
(25.81 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched Randy's and Galen's final rounds at Angel River and again, it was decided on the greens. Just about everything Randy hit fell in, while just about everything Galen hit had a look in the hole and didn't like the drop, so stayed out.

Here is my first round at Pine Needles. I managed to score pretty well, but only due to my trusty old putter being my best friend again. Get in the wrong place on these greens and you could struggle with some quite challenging pin placements.

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Pine Needles - Brad The Dad - Old Timers - Rd 1.round
(23.69 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

managed to squeeze in 18 holes at Pine Valley while Robyn and I babysat our two little grand-daughters.

This is a wonderful real rendition. The elevation work by Philip is very realistic and the plantings and objects that Fish added have just made the course look superb. There are some really challenging holes, particularly some of the par 3's and you need to really concentrate on the placement of your approach shots and then the putts that follow. Thankfully, yet again, my putter was my best friend! :bg:

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Pine Valley - Brad The Dad - Old Timers - Rd 3.round
(24 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Galen_Golf4676
Scratch Golfer

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Pine Needles round 1.
Attachments
Pine Needles Golf Club - Galen_Rnd1.round
(26.01 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
RandyG
Scratch Golfer

Post by RandyG »

Rd 1 at Pine Needles
Attachments
Pine Needles Golf Club - Randy Rd1.round
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched Galen's and Randy's first rounds at Pine Needle and there wasn't much in it. Randy was two up after 10, but Galen fought back to reduce the margin to a single shot. Randy gave Galen a big chance to square the match late on the back nine, but unfortunately, he couldn't take it and Randy ran out a two-shot winner on Stroke play.

However, as we all know, Stroke doesn't mean anything this year, and with Randy's recent good form costing him a shot on his handicap (going from 4.6 to 4.3), and Galen's run of missed putts lately gaining him a shot on his handicap (after he went from 6.4 to 6.6), Galen actually beat Randy in both the Handicap and Stableford formats, but only just. (When you are hovering around the .5 mark on your handicap, it doesn't take much to put you up or down one shot and the outcome can be significant.) :eek:

On another note, Robyn and I will be going away in our caravan for about nine weeks from 14 June, so I'm hoping we can organise courses and conditions for a couple of tournaments before we leave. That way, I can play my rounds and post them for you to play against while we are travelling. I will try to keep the scoreboards moving while we are away, but at times we will be in areas that have no Wi-Fi or mobile phone coverage. I will let you know shortly who has the choices for the events that we will be away for. :up:

Cheers

Brad
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I’m out of town for daughters college graduation and moving her out of apartment, so will get my round played next week
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Congratulations to your daughter Brad. Tertiary qualifications are so important these days, if you want to have a long and successful career.

Cheers

Brad