Old Timers Competition 2024

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
JuanMenestrina
Scratch Golfer

Re: Old Timers Competition 2024

Post by JuanMenestrina »

Timber Crest. Great course, i would be great for an online round, if we could play it anytime in the future.
Be carefull at 11th green. Nasty pin.

Juan
Attachments
Timber Crest - Juan Menestrina2024_1stRound.round
(28.9 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Timber2024_3rdHole_eagle.shot
(9.74 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched Juan's Rd 1 and this is definitely a tale of two nines.

After starting slowly, Juan scored an unbelievable eagle on Hole 3, after putting his drive behind trees. A few more birdies and no errors saw him post a very respectable 31 on the front nine.

I think he must have gone into the clubhouse at this stage, and celebrated his good form of late with about 27 beers, because the back nine totally destroyed any chance he had of another really good score. If a couple of late bogies weren't bad enough, a seven-putt on the eleventh really took the wind out of his sails, leaving him shooting twelve shots worse than the front nine.

A pity really, as he has been showing such good form recently. I hope this round doesn't have any long-term effects on his game. :(

Cheers

Brad
JuanMenestrina
Scratch Golfer

Post by JuanMenestrina »

here is my second round. A nice course to play with.

Juan
Attachments
Timber Crest - Juan Menestrina2024_2ndRound.round
(28.27 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
JuanMenestrina
Scratch Golfer

Post by JuanMenestrina »

My third round at this event.. we should play more rounds on strong winds!

Juan
Attachments
Diamondback Trail - Juan Menestrina2024_diamond_3rd Round.round
(27.64 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched Juan's Rd 2 and Rd 3 and all I can say is "Juan, it's time to invest in a new putter!" Both of these rounds could have been so much better, if only his putter had been even a little bit friendly. But it wasn't, particularly on cross-hill putts. :(

I also played my Rd 2 against Tarheel, and you guessed it, there was nothing in it. I managed to get a one shot lead on the front nine and held it to the end, which meant that I won the Stroke play by one shot and lost the Handicap by one shot. :rolleyes:

Good fun!

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Timber Crest - Brad The Dad - Old Timers - Rd 2.round
(25.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Galen_Golf4676
Scratch Golfer

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Timber Crest rounds 1 & 2. My play was not good. Beware your tee shot on the par 3 16th. :eek: :/
Attachments
Timber Crest - Galen_Rnd1.round
(26.63 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Timber Crest - Galen_Rnd2.round
(26.94 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched Galen's Rd 1 and Rd 2 and how frustrating they must have been for him. Thirty good holes and just six not so good ones. :confused:

Unfortunately, those six holes put paid to his getting good scores in either round. Amazingly, like Juan, most of the lost shots were due to cross-hill putts and the psychological effect of missing a couple of very short ones.

Still, with his handicap, he is still well in the Handicap and Stableford events. :up:

Cheers

Brad
RandyG
Scratch Golfer

Post by RandyG »

I'll have my first couple rounds in this weekend fellas.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Round 1 at Diamondback. I have to say that the combination of the tee and the wind made for surprising results. Strong winds can sometimes be just brutal, but here, they felt like such a friend! I had at least two putts manage to lip out and a chip barely miss which made the difference in what could have been a barn-stormer of a round.
Diamondback Trail - Tarheel - Round 3.round
(24.18 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Link to the current tournament's conditions:
https://golfsimclubhouse.com/forum/view ... 902#p13902
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched Tarheel's Rd 3 against my own and it was, not surprisingly, close. I managed to get a two shot lead on the front nine, but handed one back on the tenth with a poor approach. Tarheel had a bit of bad luck, lipping out and going close with some chips, which allowed me to get away a bit on the back nine, for a four shot stroke win. However, as I am giving him three shots on handicap, that only got back the shot I lost to him in Rd 2.

I am still amazed however, how he managed to get his first drive through all those bushes in front of the first tee! :confused:

I can tell you that there is absolutely nothing in it in the Handicap and Stableford events across the field, with Randy still to submit his first rounds.

Cheers

Brad