Various

Help with questions or problems.
ken
Novice

Various

Post by ken »

Having a few difficulties:

I'd like to set the vamera view to about 3 feet behind the golfer instead of right behind the ball.
This, I think, will help me to better aim the shot.
I go to Camera View and drag the camera back, click Apply but nothing changes?

When aiming the golfer I tried using the arrows just below the TriClick.
It will accept tiny adjustments to turn the golfer then suddenly turns the golfer so that he's pointing towards me.
That is, he is turned around 180 degrees and is facing the wrong way.
Once this happens I can't get him to face towards the hole until I hit the shot away from the hole direction!

Help please.

Cheers Ken
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Re: Various

Post by KSBC6499 »

Hi Ken
I can try to help...Ive never messed around with the camera much but I know that you can change the view by hitting the number keys 2 thru 9 while in game. #2 is default mode, but one you might want to try is #5, Its lower, might be what you are looking for.. I use the arrow keys on keyboard to move the golfer to aim, its just small increments instead of turning with the cursor which can sometimes turn you the other way. I have had happen before but it seemed like it was because of some lag in the game... but if you ever want to return to facing toward target hit Shift+R then Spacebar and you will be facing the right way. Good luck,maybe someone else can chime in to help also.
Kent
ken
Novice

Post by ken »

Cheers Kent,
#5 is just right and using the keyboard left and right arrows changed the aim just right

Thanks very much
Ken
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

Hi Ken
Glad it worked for you. Hopefully your game is improving, it takes a bit especially the short game. On every course the rough and green textures play different. You may have to kill a shot out of the rough on one course and not so much on the other. Just depends on how thick the rough properties are made by the designer. Same for putting, normal greens on one course could be much faster on another course. Most courses have chipping and putting areas if you start in practice mode,to get a feel that way. Good luck!!
Kent
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Ken
You may be able to adjust the camera that is on any number setting more (you said #5 works for you) manually but I also have had some problems at times with the manual in game adjustments. I do have a much higher angle of the camera setting on the #0-button preset. The #4 button is an overhead view but sometimes it's not good enough and my #0 button will see everything no matter where I am on the course for a tee shot or 2nd shot.
Also, Kent mentioning rough textures is on point. This week I decided to play Colonial C.C. since I haven't played it in a long time for The Charles Swab Challenge Tournament. The rough textures there are almost the same as hitting on the fairway except a little less flight but a little more roll out total distance almost equal. Most other courses are MUCH different playing out of the rough textures. Fairway textures can also play different from course to course but not as dramatic of a difference but can make a large difference in your scores if you don't adjust.
The adjustments are even more of a thing playing truswing then with Tri click.