Various

Help with questions or problems.
ken
Novice

Various

Post by ken »

Hello I'm a complete newbie. No nerdy computer skills. I just want to play the game.

PC - running Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, x64-based PC

I bought a copy of PGA Championship Golf 2000 on ebay (2 CDs).

I've installed it and have some questions:

1. The program opens showing the golfer on the first tee at Sahalee golf course. Player using TrueSwing.
Tried to access Help to find out how to operate TrueSwing.
Got a message - "Failed to launch help."
Also a message from Microsoft - For more information, go to the Microsoft Help and Support website.
Which I did and it said:

To view 32-bit Help files with the .hlp file extension in Windows, you will need to download and install WinHlp32.exe from the Microsoft Download Center.

4013443 WinHlp32.exe for x86-based versions of Windows 8.1
4013443 WinHlp32.exe for x64-based versions of Windows 8.1
4013443 WinHlp32.exe for Windows 8

So I picked 4013443 WinHlp32.exe for x64-based versions of Windows 8.1 from the 3 options above.
Double clicked the WinHlp32.exe file which took me to:
"Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB917607) Install this update to resolve issues in Windows."
So I clicked on the Download button and received a copy of: Windows8.1-KB917607-x64.msu.
So I double-clicked this file and got a message: "The update is not applicable to your computer."

Questions:
How can I get Help to work?
How do I operate TrueSwing with the keyboard/mouse controls? (I had a go but the golfer keeps falling on his face.)
How do I place the camera a few feet behind the golfer so I can watch the shot through the air?

Cheers Ken
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Re: Various

Post by KSBC6499 »

Hello
I saw this post post but only have a minute to respond at the moment. To start with check this sites homepage and look for UTILITIES. then TUTORIALS. There is some information to get you started. The website given on the discs is no longer running so that wont be of any help. However you can play TRI-CLICK which I would think would be much easier. Hit the mouse to start the swing,hit it again at top of power meter and again at line above starting point.. you can change to TRI-ClICK when you get to the Whos Playing? screen on game startup. Left click on your player name on right hand of screen,then go to edit player and you can choose tri click and other options like clothing and clubs in bag... Ill keep an eye on this post and try to help you out if you need it.

PS- Also under UTILITIES is DOCUMENTS there is a PGA user manual that could help if your discs didnt come with it.

Kent
ken
Novice

Post by ken »

Thanks Kent,
Managed to set up a player in TriClick mode and was actually able to hit the ball OK.
This is going to take some time now to get used to everything.
Thank you for taking the time to explain the basics.
Cheers Ken
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Ken
As Kent said go through the utilities section slowly and try to determine which things to download. There are patches and numerous other things. Make sure you go over the whole manual since you're a newbie. If you have any other questions, we try to help the best we can.
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

Hi Ken-
I hope you are having success in figuring out the game...dont give up,for its time it is one of the best golf games out there. I feel it is very realistic.... One hint I wanted to give you in case you havent got to it is on the TRI CLICK you only want to go just above the black line on the right of the gauge for maximum power. If you go all the way you will lose power. And also how close you get to the left black line on the way back will determine your accuracy. If you stop to the right of the line it will hook,left of the line it will slice. Putting and chipping take a lot of practice... Feel free to message me or reply in this post if you need other help.

Kent