Medinah #3 2023 V-2 by Steve Horn [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Medinah #3 2023 V-2 by Steve Horn [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: Medinah #3 2023 V-2 (12.4 MB)
Type: Real, Woodlands
Designer: Steve Horn
Date: 9/4/2023
Libraries Used: augusta2001, baltursol, bayhill, bethpage1, bullock_run, ccovemidday, DSTour, northamerican, pebblebeach, royalstgeorge, spiritlake, thelegacy, tpcsouth, welschap
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Re: Medinah #3 2023 V-2 by Steve Horn [New Course]

Post by KSBC6499 »

This is a great rendition! Im not familiar with the course but have heard the name throughout the years. I looked at a flyover to get an idea and this version pretty much checks all the boxes. The textures are nice I like the contrast between the tee boxes/fairway and the rough. Most of the holes are pretty long, most greens are tough but you can catch a break now and then. The nuances are there like areas to the side or back of greens that slope towards hazards. The surrounding buildings/houses/clubhouse are nicely detailed. There is also a full parking lot! My favorite thing about this course are the par 3's over water especially on the back. Great looking holes. My only complaint would be I feel the bunker walls are to steep. If you land in them just right it could take several shots to get out. I get they should be penal but sometimes it could be a bit unfair. Overall an A+ course that is very well done. Highly recommended.

Kent
(KSBC6499)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Kent
Thanks for the rave reviews of Medinah #3. It's very similar to my 1st version. Mostly changed some textures, reworked a lot of sand traps, Removed a lot of trees that I thought didn't look right and made many trees taller than in first version. Numerous other small adjustments were also done.
I have a tip for hopefully helping with difficult near lip sand shots. This has worked pretty well for me but no guaranties.
If you look at your shot it will almost always be well forward and to the left of what a normal shot would be. On a normal shot moving the shot angle back will create a draw and a negative (-) number. However, if you choose to switch to a flop shot and move the shot angle back and to the right closer to where a normal shot would be lined up the positive (+) will increase instead of decreasing as would be expected. Then hit your shot. Of course, club section is still critical, but this method has helped me a lot. Be warned the ball will go more to the right (fade or slice) so adjust your aim to the left.
Hope this works for you.
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

Hey Steve,
I did get a chance to play the previous version, the new one is better I think, I could tell some differences. Really a great realistic looking course.
About the sand play the farthest Ive gone on shot adjustment is using SW flop instead of blast. Ive never messed around with any of the angles etc. on any shot. Perhaps thats why Im not that great lol. I really dont play to score well honestly...I just like looking at the design factor of peoples courses,real or fictional. Kinda like real golf,Im just there to take in the scenery and be outdoors,and spend time with my golf partner. Im lucky to hit bogey golf.... I hope you can that other course running that you were having trouble with also.