Planting help

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
bj104
Weekend Duffer

Planting help

Post by bj104 »

Hi all,

I just started working with the JN6 designer and am having a pretty great time with it so far. My only issue is planting, it's really a pain right now. I am working on a real course that has quite a bit of tall grass, and it's taking ages to plant it. Is there a quicker/less painful way to go about this? Currently I am just copy/pasting a few grass types and placing them, but I am going to have to place many thousands of grass objects at this pace. I'm hoping there is a better way to do this as I feel like I am missing something.

Thanks in advance!
mikey2020
Weekend Duffer

Re: Planting help

Post by mikey2020 »

Unfortunately there's really no way around this. I know there are some grass objects that are a little bit wider but how much wider do you want them before you lose the effect of the grass object's appearance. My design experience is probably just above your level. Just be patient with your design and you will eventually achieve your desired result.
bj104
Weekend Duffer

Post by bj104 »

Thanks for the encouragement, just wanted to make sure there wasn’t some workaround or shortcut before I spent so much time on it :laugh: I’ll keep plugging away!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

bj104 wrote: August 24th, 2023, 12:54 pm Hi all,

I just started working with the JN6 designer and am having a pretty great time with it so far. My only issue is planting, it's really a pain right now. I am working on a real course that has quite a bit of tall grass, and it's taking ages to plant it. Is there a quicker/less painful way to go about this? Currently I am just copy/pasting a few grass types and placing them, but I am going to have to place many thousands of grass objects at this pace. I'm hoping there is a better way to do this as I feel like I am missing something.

Thanks in advance!
If you want to speed the process up hold the control button down and click on your object . This allows you to place the object without using the copy and paste process. When I do large areas of grass and I have several that blend together well I hold the control button down and select several at a time which really speeds up the process. You can use this method with as many as eight objects at a time. Hope this helps.
bj104
Weekend Duffer

Post by bj104 »

Sundance wrote: August 24th, 2023, 3:55 pm
bj104 wrote: August 24th, 2023, 12:54 pm Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
If you want to speed the process up hold the control button down and click on your object . This allows you to place the object without using the copy and paste process. When I do large areas of grass and I have several that blend together well I hold the control button down and select several at a time which really speeds up the process. You can use this method with as many as eight objects at a time. Hope this helps.
This is awesome, thank you!!!! You just saved me hours upon hours!!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

My pleasure, good luck and enjoy your design!