Rabbit Hole

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Rabbit Hole

Post by TenSixty6 »

I loaded up the game, and played Jim Hall's latest creation. It's a good one, a very strong par 70, with one of the par 5's being a true three shot hole. The blends are very even and smooth, and the terrain shaping is finely touched. I particularly enjoyed the 18th hole. Well done, friend.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Rabbit Hole

Post by SteveHorn »

Jim
You should still upload course to Brian to continue with the hundreds of courses already on this site.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

Steve,

Rabbit Hole was uploaded, just waiting for Brian to catch up and make it available.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: Rabbit Hole (14.2 MB)
Type: Fictional, Mtn Valley
Designer: Jim Hall
Date: 8/8/2023
Libraries Used: rabbit_hole_lib

This is now on the site.
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

Another great one Jim!!
The mountain pano is great again, all the rolling hills around the fairway are a nice touch and look super smooth as do the greens and bunkers. The longer holes didnt bother me, I even birdied a few. Planting is consistent, overall it looks like a Jim Hall designed course.The usual mix of long and shorter holes, I also noticed an elevated tee or two, and some elevated greens. One of your best ones yet. I guess my only complaint would be no cart paths and clubhouse. With your custom library skills you could put in a nice clubhouse I bet. Just a matter of personal preference for me. Keep up the great work, always enjoy your work.
Kent
(KSBC6499)
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

Thanks guys! Have to admit, I think this is one of my better courses. I particularly had a good time learning some new photoshop techniques to get the plantings and textures to blend in with the pano.

Kent, not really a cart path person when it comes to designs - though I certainly use a cart IRL :) I'm thinking of adding a clubhouse to my current course, the only problem is finding a pic that I can edit, is the right size and resolution so that it doesn't pixelate when sized in the architect and a clubhouse design that fits with the course. I'm not a fan of the structures and buildings included with the architect.

In any event, I'm glad you are enjoying the course.