Course Not Compiling?

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Course Not Compiling?

Post by TenSixty6 »

Hey, all

So, I've spent the past 4.5 hours drawing in the architect. I'm pleased with the results, and went to compile the hole to test it in the game. It seems to compile alright in the architect, but when I get into the game, the course is not present. It's simply not there. Do we know what would cause this? I'm pleased with the results, but if I can't test the ideas, there's not much point designing.

Thanks,

TenSixty6
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Re: Course Not Compiling?

Post by Jim Hall »

Just curious. After compiling, does it show up when you open the course manager? Also, when I compile a hole I've saved as Hole 1a, for e.g., in the architect, it shows up as Hole 1a.crs in the same folder as the architect file. Are you seeing the .crs file after compiling?
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

It wasnt, but i did get this fixed. I wasn't running the architect in compatibility mode. Switching to the same mode as the game solved it. Thanks.

Edit: it got fixed for a moment. Now, I'm having trouble compiling different versions. Despite having different names, I only get one version available in the game. When I go to uninstall old versions in the course manager, I get "Run time error; 6 Overflow," and the program crashes.

Edit 2: I succeeded in removing the unwanted file, but now I'm back to the original problem. I compile the course in the architect, it appears in the course manager, but not in the game. I'm at a point where I need to step away before I chuck a $1000 gaming laptop out the window, lol. Thanks for the help.

Edit 3: I *think* it got fixed. I hadn't set either the architect or the course manager to run in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode, as I had the game. Unlike on my previous laptop, these programs ran just fine without. Obviously, this created issues. I set both to run in that mode, and it...*seems* to have fixed it? We will see as time wears on.
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

Hi
Dont know if it will help but if you are running a newer system it seems to help to run all the PGA2000 files as administrator. just a thought
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

Thanks! Will do
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

If there is a dot in the name and nothing before the dot changes when you rename architect file, compiling will over run the old version installed in the manager/game. I actually try to take advantage of this because I almost never want to go back and test and older versions and I don't like having 50 versions show up in the game that I have to clean out later.

It seems that anytime you install a course or library running as administrator it shows up when running the game or architect on all accounts. However installing a course/library running the game as a user, it only shows up for that user. I take advantage of this as well. I install most courses and libraries as a user and play the game as a user. I install any libraries I need for a course design running the course manager as an admin and run the architect as an admin. This way I can have all those libraries installed without it crashing the architect and I don't have to use the cloaking too.

I'm running Windows 7 though so it may behave different in newer versions of Windows. I don't have to run any compatibility mode but it wouldn't surprise me at all that you do have to do that in Windows 10 or 11.