Atlanta Athletic Club

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
ChuckH
Weekend Duffer

Atlanta Athletic Club

Post by ChuckH »

Was this course ever done for JN6? I don't have it and it's not in the course directory. BTW, there are a lot of courses that are not in the course directory here that were actually made. It would be nice if the directory could be made complete somehow.
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Re: Atlanta Athletic Club

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

The course you’re looking for is in the listing. Just continue scrolling until you reach the filenames that begin with lowercase letters. Yes, there are more courses made that have not made it to this site. I did the best I could with the time allowed. I am not doing anymore.
ChuckH
Weekend Duffer

Post by ChuckH »

Thanks Galen. I just overlooked it, I guess. I'm sorry if my post came across as ungrateful or something. I didn't mean it that way. I appreciate you uploading all the courses. Thank you.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

My fault for not getting the webpages done yet as that will solve the capitalization issue in the sort. Right now it looks like I might have a window of time to do this in late October or November.
aristocrat48
Chronic Slicer

Post by aristocrat48 »

If there is anything I could do as far as the course listings, etc, let me know. Be glad to do it.

Bill
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

What I did when I set the site up (and is currently in effect on the other games) was write complicated formulas in Excel to generate the HTML table code containing the course listings and then paste that into the webpage. This method came about because I didn't want to use one of the content management systems already available. They are somewhat bloated for our needs and my hosting restricts the amount of CPU resources you can put on the server, so doing it this way helped avoid having to pay more for hosting. I didn't know any of the scripting languages well enough at the time either (12 years ago already in November! where does time go) to write something leaner myself. I did know Excel really well though and that was a sort of semi-automated way to do things but still requires some work on my part when someone releases a new course. Now that I'm reasonably familiar with Python and since I have to do it over for JN6 anyway, what I want to do is write a Python script that will parse the spreadsheet, generate the HTML and update the page, all automatically.