Flags for course

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Drackkor
Weekend Duffer

Flags for course

Post by Drackkor »

I see many courses I upload include flags for the pin. Does anyone know how to add the flags to the course?
Charlie
Shotmaker

Re: Flags for course

Post by Charlie »

You have to:

First, go to the Models directory and locate the Flag subdirectory (on my computer this is located at C:/Users/Charlie/GBC/Data/Models/Flag). Move the BMP file named GB_flag to another location. You can create a subfolder named something like Original Flag if you want and place it in the Flag subdirectory to hold the original flag file and keep it handy.

Second, rename the flag you want to use GB_flag and make sure it is in the BMP format (128x128 pixels and 8 bits - the flag maker has generally used the correct file attributes so you rarely have to change these). I usually copy the flag I want to use and rename the copy. That way I can keep a complete inventory of the designer flags in a different folder with all their given names.

For example, I have designed a flag named Valhalla 2014 PGA flag. To display it in the game, I make a copy that I then rename to GB_flag and place it in the Models/Flag subdirectory.

Start up the game and the substituted flag will then appear.
Charlie
Shotmaker

Post by Charlie »

Here is how to change their golf clubs.

First, you need to download some golf club sets. Once you have those, and I have included a ZIP file with some I have designed, follow this procedure:

Installing Full Sets

As a preliminary explanation, the files for golf clubs are located in the golfer folders GBC/data/models/(golfer name). There are five files associated with the Woods and the Irons. Each golfer has all five files. They are:

Irons: irnface.bmp and club.bmp

Woods: head.bmp and shaft.bmp and sweetspt.bmp

Because each golfer has his/her own five files, You can assign different irons and woods to different golfers, e.g. Tony can play with different clubs than Scott.

To install full sets, you will replace all five files mentioned above. Let's use the golfer Tony as our example:

1. Unzip the ZIP file that contains the full sets; inside are seven folders; each folder has a different set of woods and irons.

2. Select the set you want from the folder. Each folder contains the files head.bmp, shaft.bmp, sweetspt.bmp, irnface.bmp and club.bmp so you do not have to rename these files.

3. In data/models/tony, move the original files to a different folder or rename the original files to something like head original.bmp, shaft original.bmp, sweetspt original.bmp, irnface original.bmp and club original.bmp so that you don't overwrite and lose the original files.

4. Select a full set folder [that contains 5 files] from the ones you unzipped and copy the 5 files in that folder to the directory data/models/tony.

5. Start up the game and swing away.

Charlie
Install full sets.zip
(64.94 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Last edited by Charlie on April 18th, 2022, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
Shotmaker

Post by Charlie »

You can also change the clothing of the golfers. The procedure is virtually identical to changing clubs, you just replace different files. But it is a little more complicated because the various golfers do not all have identical clothing files. Some wear hats, some don't. Shoe files differ. So instructions for changing clothing have to be tailored to each model. Let's use Chris as our first example.

Installing Clothing For Chris

As a preliminary explanation, the files for Chris' clothing are located in the golfer folder GBC/data/models/Chris. The files associated with the various articles of clothing are:

Slacks: pantsl.bmp and pantsr.bmp

Hat: hatbill.bmp and hattop.bmp

Shoes: Shoe.bmp

Shirts: shirtbck.bmp and shirtfrt.bmp and shrttrim.bmp

To install any article of clothing, you will replace the files with the same names already in Chris' folder which will be found at GBC/data/models/Chris.

1. Unzip the attached ZIP file that contains the Black Outfits; inside are six shirt folders each of which contains three shirt bmp files. Also included are 5 bmp files for slacks, shoes and a hat. The screenshots that are included show each of the six outfit options in the black outfits selection. I also have ZIP files for other color selections for Chris (like blue, brown, khaki, plaid and Polo), and you can mix and match to your desired preference. For example, If you decide you want to mix a Polo shirt or a Blue shirt from the Blue Outfits files or Polo Outfits files with slacks, shoes and a hat from the Black Outfits files, you can do that for Chris. The way I have put together the files for Chris just reflects the way I decided to color coordinate shirts and slacks. But you can be creative. I will upload these additional outfit selections for Chris later.

2. In data/models/Chris, move or rename the original files so that you don't overwrite and lose the original files. Or make sure that you have Steve Schreiber's expansion pack (which I can post if it does not get posted with other files that we will see shortly). I believe Steve has the original files for each model in the expansion pack. For example, before copying the files for slacks, rename the original files to something like original pantsl.bmp, original pantsr.bmp.

3. Select the files for the slacks, shoes and hat that you want to use and copy these to the data/ models/chris folder. Then select the folder with the shirt you wish to use, and copy the files in that folder to data/models/chris. These files are named correctly, so you do not have to rename them.

4. That should put Chris in his new duds.

Thanks to Steve Schreiber and his Expansion Pack for making so many great clothes available over the years. The slacks, shoes and hats are, in each case, either Steve's work or what resulted from my tinkering with Steve's work.

The Shirts are my original work. I will post some additional items available for Chris. If there is any interest in the option to change clothing on the other models, I will post files for Tony, Scott, Tyler and the other models.

Charlie
Black Outfits.zip
(754.04 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Last edited by Charlie on April 18th, 2022, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drackkor
Weekend Duffer

Post by Drackkor »

Lots of new tools to try thank you. :laugh: