You know...

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Viper
Tour Contender

You know...

Post by Viper »

...it's really good where we are today.

Could you imagine this site existing and hosting all these different games at the one site back in 2000?
You'd be locking 99% of the threads! Today, we all seem to simply be enjoying them all. Everyone has their fav game but it appears we all respect the other games more than people did in the past.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Re: You know...

Post by DC#1 »

True.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Viper
I was surprised to see some of the screen shots of JN6 course's being made. Much better graphics then I expected. Very impressed.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

SteveHorn wrote: April 14th, 2022, 10:13 am Viper
I was surprised to see some of the screen shots of JN6 course's being made. Much better graphics then I expected. Very impressed.
I haven't seen him post for a long time and I hope he is well but there was a community member named Jim (Doc) (I'm a lucky man) Burns. I'm sure many long term members of these games may be familiar with him.
When these games were at their peak, most of us only played our one fav game. Jim always played them all. The only person I ever came across that did.
Took me a long time to start doing the same as Jim and I feel he really got the most out of the way he played these games.

Every golf game we represent here on this site for starters is great. They just have their differences. Then there are the visuals of each game and although there may be differences, the top courses for each game are all visually stunning as well. We also have the bonus that some excellent designers are still designing.

I know some members here will still stick to one golf game only. The Links 2003 community is one community which doesn't appear to want to try anything else. I feel you really miss out using this approach and that Jim always had the right idea.

While those who played these games from release may be very set with what they play, I don't think it will be like this in the future. At some point, I'm confident I can get new players in, all age groups including young people in their 20's or even younger. When these new players arrive, I think they will happily try all the games, like them all, play them all and appreciate each game for it's own particular strengths as Jim did.

Myself, I've shifted my focus from my younger days. I'm no longer looking to play one game and have a million courses for it. I'm looking to play all the games and have my 35 fav courses from each one, enough to cover one of my seasons. This gives me plenty of variety in both playing different golf games and the number of total courses I play. It will allow me to always be playing great golf games with the greatest courses released for them. Virtual golf will never feel like "the same old, the same old."
I'll never play the same game endlessly only varying courses.
This approach will quite simply, keep me going and very happy for life. I raise my glass to Jim. :cheers: